- Over 50% of the emissions in Utah, that contribute to our poor air, come from vehicles.
- In Utah there are a large amount of trucks and other fuel inefficient cars as well as taxes on electric cars for not using gas.
- Another 25% of emissions comes from houses and is estimated to become over 50% of the emissions by 2050.
- This is in part due to the large amount of wood burning and inefficient homes for heating and cooling.
- Catalytic converter over regular fireplace majorly reduces needed wood and emissions for wood burning.
Poor air quality is on of the greatest negatives for Utahns. It also discourages businesses from coming to Utah. Vehicles are the majority of Utahs emittions. The chemicals and compounds in pollutants can cause health problems in peoples lungs. Emissions amounts change from winter to summer when wood burning and heating is stopped.Air pollution Judge Memorial Catholic High School