When researching possible solutions to the problem of high drug prices, I found that there already are certain things in place that assist those who qualify. The issue with this is that low-income individuals and families often don’t qualify for the help needed to afford, specifically insulin, which is necessary for survival to anyone that has diabetes. It was found that there are some bills trying to be passed that would allow for low-income people that don’t qualify for things like Medicare and Medicaid or have access to affording health insurance, which usually drops the price by a bit, to have access to insulin for a price reasonable with their income. This is a huge step in the right direction because it is entirely unfair that people that already can’t afford health coverage need to pay much more for medicine than people that can afford it. Families like mine that have worked to accommodate around affording insulin have access to some reasonable prices, but what we need to ensure is that these prices stop rising. Over the 15+ years that my family has bought insulin for my brother, we have seen the price almost double in that time. We need to find a plan to stop the competitive prices of pharmaceutical companies.

https://nowcomment.com/documents/307047
https://www.regulations.gov/document/HRSA-2020-0004-0224

0
()