The overall American diet, has shifted into what is fastest, cheapest, and most often what is unhealthiest. Many convenient foods lead to diets that are low in nutrition and high in calories, fat, and  sugar. We see high and rising rates of obesity and many health related problems- many of which are rooted in dietary issues. A major debate is on whether or not the government should intervene on the increasingly unhealthy diet. Many believe that government regulations will not work, or work on those who are not the intended diet. Others believe that it is entirely up to people themselves to decide what they eat. The most sound solution seems to be government regulation on the price and availability of healthy foods in stores and restaurants. In this, people have choice, but also healthy options available to them. Final Research Paper American Diet

Abi
Abi (@abigarside)
April 12, 2017 5:08 pm

I think that it’s true that people today are more concerned with what is fast and cheap than what is good for their bodies.

1
0
()