I was born and raised in mid-Manhattan. I’m good at soccer and I play most days. I also like to hang out with some of my friends after school, and i would only hang out with my friends if i had little homework, if i had a lot of homework or a project due, i wouldn’t hang out with my friends or do anything, the only thing i would do is school related, like staying after school, or going straight home to finish what i need to finish. I can be a responsible kid, only sometimes.

I treasure school but I’m not really good at staying focused. I intend to do all my work, and and when I feel like i’m not doing so good in class, or classes, i do stay after school or talk to my teachers on how i can raise my grades.  At least, I used to — in the fall semester. This Spring, though, I haven’t been staying after school much. I guess because of the decisions I’ve made or make.

There are gangs in my neighborhood, and I do know this one kid, and for the question and to prevent problems, I’m not going to mention their name or anything personal information, but they are gang-involved. It’s their decision, not mine, I’m not going tell them what to do with THEIR life.                     

Dear Kevin
I am Idrissa sylla your poem is great but you said only said you were born and raised in mid Manhattan i believe many people do not know what’s mid Manhattan so you should give a little more detail about the location on were you were born and raised., “Making Decisions,” because… eventually somebody going to wanna the exact place where you were born and raised.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I also like to hang out with some of my friends after school, and i would only hang out with my friends if I had little homework, if i had a lot of homework or a project due, i wouldn’t hang out with my friends or do anything, the only thing I would do is school related, like staying after school, or going straight home to finish what I need to finish. I can be a responsible kid, only sometimes.” I think this is mature because… most kids are not responsible for anything.
Another sentence that I love is when you said you go to school and you treasure it but you can’t focus. was: “I treasure school but I’m not really good at staying focused.” This stood out for me because…
Your i go to school everyday but most of the times to be honest i really can’t focus because of the people I sit around. reminds me of something that happened to me. One time… what happened to me when I was in class disturbing others from learning so the teacher Randomly called on me to answer some questions because I was not paying attention.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because… I really loved the story that i just read of yours but next time make sure to give more details about where you are from..

Elena
September 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Dear Kevin,
I am happy about your letter Making Decisions because I thinks it interesting how you have a hard time focusing in school. But it’s important that you treasure school so much so it can help you focus more.
One sentence that i liked was “ treasure school but I’m not really good at staying focused.” I thought it was really interesting that you really enjoyed school but had so much trouble staying focused if it was something you were so interested in.
Another sentence that I enjoyed was “ and i would only hang out with my friends if i had little homework, if i had a lot of homework or a project due, i wouldn’t hang out with my friends or do anything.” This stood out to me because I thought it was interesting how he would hold off on hanging out with his friends just to make sure his grades were good.
Your letter reminds me of something that happened to me. I also enjoy learning and thinks it’s very interesting to learn new things. But sometimes I have comprehending things easily and sometimes need to ask the teacher for help.
Thanks for your writing I look forward to seeing what you will write next. It’s very interesting to learn about all the problems you’ve had with school. It’s also interesting to learn that for you schoolwork always comes first and I look forward to seeing what you will write next.

Jeremiah H
Jeremiah H
May 10, 2019 4:12 pm

I liked reading this story because he was open about the type of kid he is. He talked about not only his decisions in life but others too which was good. I did not like how he extended his sentences too much and he also had a few typos.

Jalynn Griffin
Jalynn Griffin
May 9, 2019 4:43 pm

This is a good story to me because to me this story is about a boy who makes good decisions. Kevin talks about how he likes to play sports and hang out with his friends but he only hangs out with his friends if he doesn’t have a lot of homework. Kevin pushes me to be the best I can be because if he can do it, I can too.

b woods
b woods
May 9, 2019 4:37 pm

This article is about a kid who chooses to make correct life decisions. He has people around him who don’t make the greatest life choices but he continues to stay on the right path.

5
0
()