In the article, “YOU DECIDE: Civilian Space Travel” (McGraw Hill) there was a group of four civilians who had the opportunity to orbit the earth. As exciting as it sounds, some civilians are now able to take part in space travel. Although, in order to travel you’d have to go through extensive training, spend a great amount of money, and will have to deal with the dangers of spaceflight. After taking that into consideration, the benefits are also present. For example, being able to use space travel for philanthropic purposes, providing information on human health, and being able to just receive that once in a lifetime experience of being in space.

Would you travel to space if given the opportunity?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

As great as this sounds, I do not think we civilians should interfere with the traveling of space… it should be left to the professionals. Even with great training, it won’t make up for the years of research the professionals have done. Having said that, I personally would not do it but do think it is something exciting.

Jade(@jadeochs)
January 18, 2022 5:39 pm

Hello Ashley

It was very interesting reading your post, “A trip to space” because you make a point on why humans shouldn’t focus on regular space travel just yet. I do think we have other issues here on Earth to concern ourselves with first.

I agree when you said, “As great as this sounds, I do not think we civilians should interfere with the traveling of space… it should be left to the professionals.” Space travel sounds very expensive and there is still a great deal we do not understand about space; I believe it is still a bit too early.

Thank you for your interesting take on this topic. If this topic continues to arise, I hope to read more about what you have to say because you make very fair arguments.

D'Alessandro(@dalessandroochs)
January 14, 2022 12:13 am

Dear Ashley,

I discovered your article post “A trip to space” interesting! This is often basically since I discover it totally interesting that individuals are being allowed the plausibility to visit space. I eventually feel like space investigation is being taken advantage of and being looked at more as a travel goal.

One sentence you composed that stands out to me the foremost is ‘Even with incredible preparing, it won’t make up for a long time of investigating the experts have done.” To begin with the look I wouldn’t have looked at it in that sense, but I can unquestionably see how it can dishonor the work and commitment others have put in arranging to visit space. It all fair appears totally as well superfluous.

Thanks for your composing. I see forward to seeing what you compose following, due to the incredible summarizations you give. Not to specify your astonishing takes on points like these!

Israel(@israelochs)
January 13, 2022 3:12 am

Dear Ashley, 

I find your discussion post “A trip to space” fascinating! This is mainly because I find it utterly strange that people are being granted the possibility to visit space. I ultimately feel like space exploration is being taken advantage of and being looked at more as a travel destination. 

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me the most is ‘Even with great training, it won’t make up for the years of research the professionals have done.” At first glance I wouldn’t have looked at it in that sense, but I can definitely see how it can discredit the work and dedication others have put in order to visit space. It all just seems entirely too unnecessary. 

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, due to the great summarizations you provide. Not to mention your amazing takes on topics like these!

Erika(@erikaochs)
January 11, 2022 10:11 pm

Dear Ashley,
I am interested by your post “A Trip to Space” because you state the benefits of traveling to space and you also state the cons of traveling to space. I also agree that the job should be left to the professionals because they actually are prepared to research space. I also think that professionals are better off researching than civilians.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is, ” As great as this sounds, I do not think we civilians should interfere with the traveling of space… it should be left to the professionals.” I think this is interesting because you stated your opinion and I agree with what you are saying. I agree because professionals would be better at this job than civilians would be.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to what you write next because you write about interesting topics and voice your opinion.

Erika

Gabriel(@gabrieljudge)
December 11, 2021 8:11 am

Ashley,
Thanks for the read! The commoditization of space travel will certainly have some odd effects, and I am curious to see where it goes. I will agree that resources may be better spent on exclusively scientific missions, but some of the tourist missions definitely have their merit. For example, the funds from private spaceflight go directly into the development of new technologies that will allow space to become even more accessible, not only for manned spaceflight, but for satellites that provide services such as disaster recovery and internet. Chances are that your average joe is not going to be able to book a flight into orbit for a long time, but perhaps a smaller orginization that could, for example, be attempting to provide satilite internet will be able to.

Last edited 1 month ago by Gabriel
Sam
Sam(@samjudge)
December 10, 2021 6:30 pm

Hey Ashley,

I definitely agree with you that the majority of spaceflights should be left to the professionals. However, I also tend to agree with the argument that commerical spaceflight companies are helping advance space travel technology, I just hope that this industry doesn’t simply become another bucket-list vacation for the ultra-rich, which I fear would ruin the sanctity and wonder of space.

Alex
Alex(@alexjudge)
December 10, 2021 5:48 pm

What’s up Ashely?
I’m a big fan of space (everything to do with space), so your post was very intriguing to me. Is this program the same thing that Jeff Bezos traveled on? He went up to space and was super pumped about it. (Here’s something about that if you don’t know about it: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/11/science/jeff-bezos-space-flight-blue-origin.html) I think a lot of companies are looking into commercial space travel, and I also wonder if it will be a good idea. It could be an amazing experience, but is it worth the billions of dollars and potential environmental issues? I’m not really sure. Thanks for your post!

Suzanna(@suzannajudge)
December 10, 2021 5:42 pm

Hello!
I think you make a really good point but have you thought about how something like that would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience? I agree with you, but I would just consider that every move we do in space has a purpose, even if normal civilians are there.

Neve(@nevejudge)
December 10, 2021 5:39 pm

I agree, traveling to space to space would be so cool, but at the same time, I feel that we should leave it up to the experts for now.

12
0
()