In the article “Should schools give summer homework?” (from upfront and published on May 16, 2022) It explains that during the time of covid many students lost skills of learning because they weren’t being taught anything for a long period of time. The article also says that many students lost more skills in math than in English. A possible solution to this problem from schools is to give summer homework so students won’t lose their skills and possibly be better when they come back from a summer break and regain their skills again. But this could also have a negative impact because when students leave for summer break they will have a large list of homework to do which could cause stress. Summer break is meant for students to relax and pursue their interests so that when they come back to school refreshed and ready to learn and not be burned out.

I think that students should not do summer homework because some students might have summer school for classes they need to retake. Adding summer homework could make it more difficult for students in summer school and could cause more stress for them. I also believe that students should not have summer homework because they might want a job and help themselves financially. In my opinion, I think summer homework should be an option for students who think they really need it.

Would you want to have homework in the summer?

0
()