Darkness spreads as the sun is ready to sleep. 
Lights increase, crowds start to flee. 
The moonlight bounces off the empty street.
As we wait for the sun to be ready to eat (gleam/beam).
But what happens when the sun never rises and the moon is the only thing we see
Will we continue to sleep or continue our day at greys peak. 

I was inspired by “Harlem Hopscotch,” by Maya Angelou.

1. Mario 3 weeks ago

Dear Drew:
    I am happy with your poem , “A Night/Gloomy Morning In Nyc,” because I like mornings and nights in NYC. Also, you used beautiful words.
    One line that stands out for me is, “The moonlight bounces off the empty street.”. I think this line is striking because I thought about moonlight bouncing like a basketball.
    Another line that stands out for me is, “But what happens when the sun never rises and the moon is the only thing we see”. I think this line is stirring because what does happens if the sun never rises?
    Your poem reminds me of a story that I once read. The story was from when I was a kid. It was about a moon. I think it was titled, “Good Night Moon.” I liked that story alot.
    Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. I would like you to write more about moons. Also, show us more pictures of the city.