In the article ” White House Promotes New COVID-19 Drug” (BTW) I learned that the white house has recommended vaccinations, masks, social distancing, and good hygiene to control the spread of COVID-19. Not only that but they also want to use a new drug from Pfizer which is called Paxlovid. This new drug has actually been shown to reduce the risk of COVID-related hospitalizations by 19 percent which is crazy. It is also approved for people over 12 years old who test positive and are at higher risk for severe complications because of other problems they face like diabetes, heart diseases, and obesity. The incredible thing that the Biden administration is doing is they have purchased 20 million doses of the drug and are working with Pfizer to produce more of this drug. They also plan on showing/ educating pharmacists and the public about its usefulness. The thing is that Paxlovid comes distributed as 3 pills which a patient takes twice a day for five days.

I think what Bidens administration is doing is a good thing since COVID is still a thing even though we don’t really have to use masks anymore. it’ll help out a lot because they mentioned how the drug (Paxlovid) has actually been shown to reduce risks of COVID by 19 percent. I just hope that it doesn’t affect 12-year-olds in a negative way because it’s a new drug in the form of a pill and those 12-year-olds are still young.

Would you take Paxlovid if you had COVID? Or would you still Quarantine for two weeks?

0
()