So far what I read about the book ¨A Long walk to water¨ is really interesting because it talks about how the girl Nya and the boy Salva survive. The girl, Nya, is fetching water from a pond that is two hours’ walk from her home. She makes two trips to the pond every day. The boy, Salva, becomes one of the “lost boys” of Sudan, refugees who cover the African continent on foot as they search for their families and for a safe place to stay.  Salva doesn’t know where his family is while Nya doesn’t know if her family will have enough water. Both of them are afraid of meeting an enemy.

August 25, 2020 8:23 pm

Dear Patricia
I am impressed by your post “A Long Walk to Water” because it shows me how these two kids do what they can to survive. I think its impressive how both of them are from different families but have obstacles to go through. Even though they don’t know each other, they both worry about running into an enemy.

One sentence that stood out to me is “Salva doesn’t know where his family is while Nya doesn’t know if her family will have enough water. Both of them are afraid of meeting an enemy”. This stood out to me because they both have different situations but are worried about their family.

Thank you for your writing and i look forward to looking in what you write next. This book really cough my eye and i can’t wait to see which other one i will be reading.

1
0
()