1. Matylda 5 months ago

Fatoumata, not only was this letter very relatable but it also warmed my heart. I do feel for you, hearing that your graduation had to through zoom breaks my heart, this must have been so difficult. I am a senior this year and I am praying for at least a semi-normal graduation. It makes me very sad to hear your anecdotes about the recent stereotyping of Asians, this is awful. I appreciated your openness and honesty about the difficulties of COVID. Hope all is well in your college years!

2. Grace 5 months ago

Fatoumata,

This is a very relatable letter. I am from Salt Lake City, UT, where the Coronavirus did not hit as hard as New York. We never had a mandate to stay in doors, but for the months of March, April and May, I can relate to the loneliness you felt. More now than ever before, I appreciate the little things like being able to hug my grandma, going to school with all my friends, or being able to see someones smile. I feel like this virus has changed most people’s perspective on life and will have an affect on how we navigate our future. Hope you are well and that those you love are safe and healthy.

Grace

3. Allison 5 months ago

Dear Fatoumata,

Your letter was very relatable. I remember watching the news everyday back in in March and April. I would watch Governor Cuomo speak and I imagined how scary it would be to live in New York during the pandemic. I live in Michigan, and during the lock down I watched a lot of Netflix too! I also missed socialization and my friends. I am so sorry that you did not have a graduation. I know that is something every high schooler looks forward too. It broke my heart when you said someone was making a rude comment to an Asian Women. I think it is so cool you have a cousin that lives in another country!

Thank you for your writing. Good luck in college!