In the article, “Gun Rights” (Robert B. Aderholt 2023) I learned  about Congressman Robert B. Aderholt views on gun rights and gun violence. Robert’s whole argument is mainly around the 2nd amendment, he says the 2nd amendment is a fundamental right to all citizens living in the US. He also says that this right guards civilians from tyranny and presence of criminal activity. Finally he states that he would like to expand this right to help gun owners across the nation rather than to restrict guns. Also he believes that the media is misinterpreting this issue because they blame guns rather than the criminals who orchestrate these acts of violence.

I understand what Robert B. Aderholt is saying he is advocating for the 2nd amendment and self defense. While others may disagree with him on not wanting to restrict guns. This is a highly debated issue in America right but it is important to hear different perspectives of this situation.

As I continue to learn about Gun rights/Gun violence, I want to know more about why some people do not want to restrict guns. 

0
()