A Day Off for Mental Health

In the article, “A Day Off for Mental Health” (Upfront, Caron,2022) I learned that teens around the country are pushing the concept of sick days to bolster mental wellness. This is due to the stress that these teens are put under because of what their school is tossing them, examples are sports practice, studying for tests, and extracurricular activities, and that’s just the minimum of what some schools expect from students. Finally taking notice of being Faced with high-stress levels among adolescents and a mental health crisis that includes rising suicide rates, some states are now allowing students to declare a mental health day. In the past few, years Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Main, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Virginia have all passed bills permitting students to be absent from school for mental or behavioral health reasons, efforts that were often aided or spearheaded by young people.

I think that a day off for mental health is a great idea. This will help so many teens that are suffering because of the stress they endure. And schools finally taking ownership of the idea makes me hope that it will help not only the students become more open but also their families.

What do you think about having, “A Day Off for Mental Health”?

0
()