For my digital activism project, from February to May, I chose a goal that I would need to promote and raise petitions for. My goal was to create a community garden in South Ozone Park however, it failed. It was to improve the overall health of our community and become more connected. As of now, there has been some gardens within schools but some of these don’t last and are exclusive.

One way my mission failed was the number of views. My total number of views was only 100. However, I believe that success is determined when you have reached triple digits views. Compared to my friend, who also worked alone, she gained four times as many views.

Another way, it failed was the number of petitions. I did not receive many petitions and only receive 3. Compared to the other causes at change.org (a petition website) it was nowhere near as important. Others had causes that would mean the death of people, animals, or the environment.

To begin with, my cause was not life-changing. It was an issue that could be left ignored. Next time, I will choose an project that affects the lives of people, animals, and or the environment. In addition, this was a project done by one person with a tiny social media presence. Many people had groups and this meant that their cause would reach many different people. With my small social media presence, it was hard to promote my blog and petition. If I had to do this project again, I would try to have a social media account with many followers beforehand and or take my friends’ offer on promoting my website/petition on their blog.

0
()