This election in 2020 is completely different and something new. No election has ever been this way and I think it is crazy how we are apart of it. COVID-19 had affected the voting to be done different and the rules have changed. The votes took a huge amount of time to be counted since they are mail votes. Trump even tried to put the blame on the votes or is using covid as a steal in the election. It was pretty scary to see how the people will react on who their president is because nowadays in this world it is violence.

I think that this was a scary election and that it took me a while actually to know who I wanted to vote for. I think that trump does have a point in some things but I also know biden is better and has a plan to make American people have peace again. I also find it very crazy how no election has ever been like this and that how much things have changed. Back then no one would hate or cause violence for their president being elected, but now it is like the world is afraid to come out after the results because they know this generation is full of violence.

How would you feel to be put in one of the president’s position and watch what is going on in this world now?

1. Sara 2 days ago

I completely agree with several of your point here. This election was extremely important and stressful for so many. Even though it’s technically over and Biden had been declared the next president of the United States Trump is still in office and will not go down without a fight. This continues the stress and many people I know are worried about what trump going to do with his limited time in office. And sadly no matter what the outcome is there will be riots in the street.

2. Melissa 2 weeks ago

Dear Dulce,

I am interested by your post, “An election like no other,” because I agree with you on several statements. This election has been the craziest yet and everyone has their own opinions about it.

One sentence you wrote that stood out to me is: “It was pretty scary to see how the people will react on who their president is because nowadays in this world it is violence.” I think this is true because once Trump was elected in 2016 most people started hating him for his racial comments. I do not blame them because his comments were towards immigrants and the hispanic culture. I believe everyone is scared of riots and war in the streets.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you chose an interesting topic to write about.

Melissa Aguilar