In the article, “5 Arguments Against Single-Payer Helathcare “(“5 Arguments against Single-Payer Healthcare – MBA Healthcare Management,” n.d.) I learned about the five most common reasons that people are against single-payer healthcare. The healthcare argument is a common discussion in politics today. The idea of single-payer healthcare was an idea popularized by left-leaning candidates. Some of the basic arguments that are against single-payer healthcare is keeping costs down may reduce the standard of care, lack of competition within the healthcare industry, government-run healthcare means waiting lists, citizens may need to buy private insurance anyway, and the department of veterans affairs is an example of a failed system. 

I understand the perspective of why people do not agree with single-payer healthcare. Many people’s medical care will be affected and even though the cost may be reduced, the standard of care could also be reduced.  On the other hand, there may be other reasons why people may believe that single-payer healthcare is the correct direction to go to help improve medical care in America.

As I continue to learn about healthcare, I want to learn more about what people’s perspective is that agrees with single-payer healthcare.

0
()