This is a person who was in new york the  first time , he just working out of the bus station  and somebody hear him speaking in spanish, then that lady told him did you need any help and he told her, yes i’m lost , ok let me show you this is manhattan la gran manzana. some people say that this is the place that has the most  larger building, ok and how You get home, there are a bus treen and taxi however here is a lot of place to relax and have fun, let’s go eat is more better for you had a long trip, yes long trip but now is better, he said. Thank you for helping me in this beautiful place.

Kerly D

Dear Genesis,

I am satisfied with your introduction because you said “This is a person who was in New York the first time” and also you said “ok let me show you this is Manhattan la gran manzana.”

One thing I learned from your writing that stood out for me is: “he just working out of the bus station and somebody heard him speaking in Spanish, then that lady told him if he needed any help.” I think this is interesting because not all people help people because some people are racist against Hispanic people. 

Your writing connects to my own experience. For me, because when you said “This is a person who was in New York for the first time,” two years ago I came to New York for the first time and everything was very new to me and it was very difficult for me to live here because of the language but Now it is much easier for me.

Thank you for your work at Youth Voices. I hope to see what you write next because I really liked how you described a story of your life in a few words.

Joshua

Dear Genesis,

I am interested in your post, “first time in New York” because not all people help people. It’s very difficult for them to speak their own language, because some people are racist against hispanic people. One person in your story decided to help this person as he behaved when he was going to eat. When I was in New York for the first time nobody helped me I felt that nobody knew I was Hispanic because of my way of acting they think i am from New york city but i am Honduras and you can call me Catracho.
Thank you for your story. When i see some people speak spanish i will help them.

rkallman
rkallman
July 13, 2018 2:38 am

I identified with the woman who heard Spanish and immediately wanted to help. New Yorkers may be in a hurry but we can be kind!

Tesh
January 9, 2018 2:21 pm

This is a cool recollection of your visit. It shows a first hand account of one of the many things you came across in that vibrant and energetic city.

Jody Ordonez
Jody Ordonez
July 25, 2017 1:55 am

I love this story. The situation seems so authentic!

5
0
()