In the article “A 3-D Printed Neighborhood” (Upfront) I learned that flooding back in March 2019 in Hamburg, Iowa severely damaged a town. Iowa State University has plans to build an entire neighborhood with 3-D printed homes. They will use a giant 3-D printer that will print with concrete layer after layer until it forms a wall. The process is also very quick and doesn’t require too much manpower which will ultimately save money.

I think that this is a new innovative idea. I have never heard of 3-D printing homes, but it sounds like a good idea that will provide homes for those devastated families. 3-D homes are going to be the future affordable homes that a lot of people are looking for. The fact that these can be done in a matter of days is a great fix for those who need immediate shelter.

Would you purchase a 3-D printed home?

0
()