In this text the central idea is that abortion is not talked about alot even though there has been a significant amount of abortions. In support of their central idea, the author writes “And yet abortion is something we tend to be more comfortable discussing as an abstraction; the feelings it provokes are too complicated to face in all their particularities.”  This supports the central idea because  she clearly thinks that we should discuss abortion more often and hear from peoples experiences.  The author also writes, “Which is perhaps why, even in doggedly liberal parts of the country, very few people talk openly about the experience, leaving the reality of abortion, and the emotions that accompany it, a silent witness in our political discourse.”  This supports their central idea because she continues to speak on the importance of the topic. It often gets overlooked and hidden.  A final piece of evidence that supports their central idea is when the author writes Even now, four decades after Roe, some of the women we spoke with would talk only if we didn’t print their real names.As their stories show, the experience of abortion in the United States in 2013 is vastly uneven.”This demonstrates that without sharing information about abortion there is going to be misinterpretations . We need to hear about the coming reasoning and how that affected their lives. 

I think hearing other people’s stories and gaining insight on the effects of abortion is important. This will help educate others on the reasons why women decide on abortion. It will also show  the negative effects on abortion. Allowing abortion isn’t a good thing because someone is getting hurt no matter what, it doesn’t mean there should be charges or judgment held against them. 

A remaining question I have is what percent of the male population is against abortion? How do the abortion rates affect society?

0
()