In the beginning of the year 2020, wildfires have burned over 3.2 million acres in California.  Since the early days of August, California’s fire activity has escalated quickly and has destroyed over 5,000 structures.  

Over 17,000 firefighters have been fighting over 25 major wildfires.  A Red Flag Warning has been issued throughout the state of California.  A Red Flag Warning means warm temperatures, very low humidities, and stronger winds are expected to combine to produce an increased risk of fire dangers.  Unfortunately, California fires consumed hundreds of homes, businesses, and other structures.  These wildfires affected the economy by developing seasonal variations in employment over the year.  Particle pollution exposure can cause a variety of health problems.  For example, coughing, shortness of breath, headaches, heart attacks and respiratory effects such as asthma and bronchitis.  

Orange Cove firefighters arrived to help battle the Creek Fire located in the Northeast of Shaver Lake.  This fire is close to our small town, Orange Cove, which has been active for ten days and only contained 18%.  All we can do is pray for those who are battling against huge fires and prepare for the worst.  

1. Antonio 1 day ago

This is the most devastating moment in our lives and California too. The air is full of cancer for our lungs and fires that will make all of our forest into a distant memory. I’m worry about the sake of the town itself and my family as well. Idk how these fires started but they are worse than anything in the long list of wildfire that happen.