In World War 2 the U.S. bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki that killed thousands of people and was the world’s first nuclear bomb. The bombings led to an end of World War 2 and made the world a more dangerous place. During World War 2 Albert Einstein wrote a letter to President FDR warning the US that Germany was developing a nuclear device. The letter led to the U.S. nuclear program and bombing Japan. When scientists were testing out nuclear bombs they didn’t expect the radiation to be so bad that it affected nearby towns and an increase to infant mortality and new types of cancers. Since the experiment hurt people the U.S. paid 2 billion dollars as an apology. When the U.S. dropped a bomb on Japan the radiation caused thousands of citizens to die of burns and poisoning. The U.S. tried to hide up what they caused so it wouldn’t look bad on them. After the 2 bombs there was another on its way but Truman felt bad about the thousands of kids that were killed. So he made the decision to transfer the power of use of nuclear weapons to the presidency. There’s a controversial topic about either keeping nuclear weapons or abolishing them. 

The people that died over the bombings in Japan is very sad because it killed innocent men, children, and women. Not only did the U.S. bomb once but twice which was double the sorrow. Before the bombings in Japan the U.S. did an experiment bombs that affected nearby towns and apologized with money. The lives that were affected will never be the same since expecting mothers never got to see their unborn child. Why did the U.S. continue to bomb Japan when they knew what the outcome was? Having bombs and not having them is not a very easy decision to make. For some people it makes them feel safer but for others they don’t because it kills innocents.

Would you want your country to have nuclear bombs or abolish them?