1. Litzy 5 days ago

Dear Fatoumata,
    I am very intrigued about your post “A DIsh from My Culture” because hearing how much love you have for your culture is very genuine. I really like learning about new cultures and I felt like your culture seemed so nice the way you all show your love towards the people you care about by making them a dish that takes a long and difficult process. I agree with you that when you make a traditional dish it reminds you of home and makes you happy. When my family makes a traditional Mexican dish it reminds me of my ancestors and makes me happy to have the culture I have.
    Hope to hear more about your culture soon!!
    -Litzy

2. Yamile 6 days ago

Dear Fatoumata,
    I found your post “A Dish from My Culture” interesting because I enjoyed hearing about how passionate you are about your culture. I think it is important to learn about other people’s cultures because it is a huge part of one’s life. Everyone has different values and learning about their culture can expand your view to respect everyone and acknowledge the diversity around you.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “In the Bronx, last Eid, my mom and I decided to cook Latchiri Kossan to remember the smell of our country through this traditional dish.” I found this relatable as to when I help my mom cook. I like learning how to make new Mexican dishes because I get to learn more about my culture. I also feel that our dishes make us come closer together especially on holidays because the whole family gathers and works together to make the food.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I would like to continue to learn more about your culture.
    -Yamile