It’s an end no one could’ve ever expected. More than anything, my heart lays with those who, at the hands of Coronavirus, have lost a mother, a father, a grandparent, a lover, a friend. Nothing tears a heart more than loss. And loss comes in very different aspects.

Personally, I’ve fallen victim to these various forms of loss. My concerts (a space I feel happiest in), my graduation (an event I’ve been looking forward to for years), my banquets/dances, etc. were all either postponed or cancelled. Things I, along with my peers, have worked at for over a decade, swiped directly out from under our feet in a matter of seconds. More heavily though, my grandmother passed away. And that one took the greatest toll.

COVID-19 has taken away things from me in a way I never saw coming. So in turn, what do I take away from Coronavirus? Above all else, I’ve chosen this: live like there’s no tomorrow. And everyone says it all the time. It’s said more in passing than anything. It’s a cliche– that’s just what it is. But now, more than ever I’ve learned to cherish the moments; the little things, if you will. Walking down the street, a breath of fresh air, a hug from a loved one. All things I saw no end of. Until, there was one. I know now, to relish in the moments. No matter how fleeting or trivial they may appear.