I remember when I was a little girl, I would sit on my couch and watch High School Musical. I would watch all the characters grow and see amazing people that they would be at the end of their senior year. They faced hardships, challenges, and roadblocks. But they were all able to put aside their differences, break through the barriers, and be all in it together. Looking at my high school experience recently, I thought that my graduation would be just like High School Musical. We would come together as a senior class, recognize how far we made it, and throw our caps in the air to celebrate. Then covid-19 came. And our world changed. We would no longer have a graduation. We would no longer get to see our classmates. We would not be the same as any other graduating class in history.

As sad as it is that our senior class will miss out  on these special moments of high school,  we have all had to put things into perspective. At least we get to go to school. Some students across the globe will not be able to return to the classroom due to their gender and their social class. At least we’re still breathing. Thousands of people across the country are on respirators fighting for their lives every single day. At least I have a home to live in. Many of the homeless are looking for a place to stay in an unsafe world. There’s so many more things to be sad about and to worry about right now then walking across the stage and turning are tassels.

For me personally, covid-19 has made me appreciate life. Before the Coronavirus happened, I was not living life to the fullest. I was just walking through life, and not appreciating the moments and people around me. I was too caught up in what was going on in my own mind to understand how lucky I was to be living in that present moment. I missed out on conversations, because I was too busy to be having them. I missed out on moments with my friends, because I was self-conscious of the way I looked. I missed out on opportunities, because I thought they would happen again. Life can change in an instant. Moving forward with my life I will always say yes to the things that I want to do. the moments or what you will remember during times like these. I never want to regret not taking a moment. I know that coming out of covid-19 and the changes that are coming in the future, I’m going to live life to the fullest. While things seem tough right now, I know that things are going to be better and that my life will be more fulfilling.