Amanda, the protagonist in “The Glass Menagerie”, has a few traits that influence her relationships with others.

One, she is optimistic. Two, she is concerned. Three, she is conscious. These traits influence her relationships with others. “: No, I don’t have secrets. I’ll tell you what I wished for on the moon. Success and happiness for my precious children! I wish for that whenever there’s a moon, and when there isn’t a moon, I wish for it, too. ” be hopeful when it comes into play here when she believes that if she prays to the moon her children will be always blissful and have success in their life. In addition, do not want her children to have a life that does not have a test. Also do not get bad effects from their life. Amanda wants Laura to continue to go back to her college and have something to make a good future. As well as Tom to find the right path of his life and do the right things.

Later, on page 39 to 43, Tom interacts with Amanda, basically “AMANDA: I remember suggesting that it would be nice for your sister if you brought home some nice young from the warehouse. I think that I’ve made that suggestion more than once.TOM: Yes, you have made it repeatedly.AMANDA: Well?TOM: We are going to have One. ” Amanda ’s response here deepens a reader’s sense of her cheerful, and sparks a feeling of the desire come true because finally Laura will get to know a gentleman and might have a good future with him.