Amanda, the protagonist in “The Glass Menagerie”, has a few traits that influence her relationships with others.

One, she is selfish. Two, she is worried. Three, she is mysterious.

These traits influence her relationships with others. An example; “No, I don’t have secrets. I’ll tell you what I wished for on the moon. Success and happiness for my precious children! I wish for that whenever there’s a moon, and when there isn’t a moon, I wish for it, too.”  She mentioned these words like selfishness  come into play here when she expresses her opinion about the moon. She tries to show that she never made mistakes in her life.   

Later, in line 76, Amanda  interacts with Tom, basically suggesting her. “Do you realize he’s the first young man we’ve introduced to your sister? It’s terrible, dreadful, disgraceful that poor little sister has never received a single gentleman caller!”. Tom’s response here deepens a reader’s sense of her selfishness, and sparks a feeling of frustration.