In the article “My mother is an addict” I learn that many parents are addicts and totally forget their responsibilities and responsibility to them. Many times their children do not have even the basics at home such as clean food and clothes, because the parents are under the substances they ingest and many times these substances are illegal because people can die from an overdose. This is the case with a young woman named Layla Keggs and whose mother is a drug addict and her daughter leads a bad life because she always comes home promising her daughter that she will change but she does not believe a word of it and goes away again.

I think that this happens a lot today because many people instead of solving problems better decide to take doses of drugs and completely forget about the responsibilities in their homes and the responsibilities that they have with their children.

Do you think addicted people need to seek help to get off drugs?

1. Deysi 3 weeks ago

Dear maria,

I liked much your post about “The Consequence that my mother is addicted?” because I know of many children who are in that situation, they walk the streets asking for money, there are even children who do not survive this problem with their parents.

One sentence that caught my attention was “Many times their children do not have even the basics at home such as clean food and clothes, because the parents are under the substances they ingest” responding your question “Do you think addicted people need to seek help to get off drugs?” Parents must urgently seek help to solve their problem and care for their children.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I want to know more about these problems.

Deysi

2. Samantha 2 months ago

Dear Mary:

I am surprised by his publication, “The consequence of my mother being addicted?” Because it is a very interesting topic. We hear a lot about people who are irresponsible for such activities if you could say so. This usually happens very often.

One phrase he wrote that stands out to me is: “Your children don’t even have the basics at home, like clean food and clothes, because the parents are under the substances they ingest.” I think this is sad because children do not have a good life and they do not have because they suffer.

Thanks for writing. I hope to see what you write next, because I like this type of topic. Because these types of people do not deserve to have their children since they never take care of them. And I think they are not available to take care of their children.

Samantha.