Dear Representative Ocasio-Cortez,

I feel tempestuous about your Instagram video because it emphasizes how current generations are responsible, smart enough to implement what they craved for. You are very confident and inspiring to the people from the new generation and how we are the government.

One thing you said that stands out to me is: “His new generation is the radical acceptance that I see from so many and they take time to read and understand our history, the history of the labor movement, civil rights, the history of racial struggles, the history of economics, the history of the United States, the history of colonialism.” I think this is remarkable because you use some of the examples of how our young generation does not step back to learn or give value to our history and other memorials events that happened in the past. We always look forward to bringing out the past history and showing our interest by seeing that from different perspectives. We have the courage to accept the fact even though it could be bad, we always try to make it better by not repeating the same mistake.

I do agree with you that our young generation is not so sensitive or emotional. Even if we are, it is a positive way because we know how to solve problems and are intelligent enough to take leadership roles and choose the government. Compared to the past, where people were going through different things. Lack of resources was not letting them make an enormous change in the world. The last generation also called the “silent generation” are those born from 1925 to 1945 – so-called because they were raised during a period of war and economic depression.

One reason I would agree with her is that we aren’t afraid to accept criticism. Another reason is that we always work to develop the country and discover something new.

Recently I was looking at videos by young activists, and one of them is a good example of what I’m saying here.

I’m especially inspired by the video by Blair Imani because she is a queer Muslim woman and she empowers the lives of so many Muslim people that are being discriminated against in a world where not everyone is going to accept who they are.

It is really good that she does not let herself down and does not let herself be affected by the denunciation. In addition, demonstrate what she is capable of to people. In reality, many people face discrimination just because of the beliefs in certain religions such as Islam, and Hindu which really does not make any difference in their personality or hurt anyone.

The memorable thing was that she raised her voice to hear her words around the world. She was embarrassed to say that she is a queer Muslim. The link of the inspiring video that I had watched is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNa3EhyN5Zc&feature=emb_logo

I’ve also been learning about how all the people have been facing so many problems and Youth are protesting for their water point which the government want to use to build some pipeline to factories and the young from china protesting to get the right to have a higher education to achieve the goals The young protesters that I find most inspiring are the ones who is fighting for education

I think this history is a good example of something you said in your video: “I think this new generation is very profound and very strong and very brave because they are actually willing to go to the streets” I agree with you here because whatever we do not get, we fight for it and never give up on it until we achieve. However, I would say at the same time, the past generation was as we are right now.

Thanks for taking the time to read my letter. I look forward to seeing what you do or say next.

These four brave and young activists stepped into to make the world change. Emma Gonzalez, Jaclyn Corin, Sarah Chadwick, and Nza-Ari Khepra are part of the surge of young activists building a new movement to denounce gun violence and call for safety in all of our communities. And this is why they march. The reason I chose this video to shows that we are living in a world where still gun violence. even there is no safety insecurity in the school. The kids who go to school for a bright future, it ends up giving up their lives because of gun violence. These activists want their voices to hear because they care about this issue. they lose their people and can feel it how it is hurt. the politicians do not care so much about it because this issue does not harm them. this is why they march to make a great influence.

1. Fatema 4 months ago

Dear Yeanoor:

I am very inspired by what you say also I’m agree with you, about, “Today’s Children Tomorrow’s Future” because after 50 to 60 years we will not be here and today children will maintain the world so we should let them decide and share their opinion what they want and how will be there future.

One sentence you wrote “we know how to solve problems and are intelligent enough to take leadership roles and choose the government.” that stands out for me is because what you said it completely true. today’s children are very independent they what they need to have a better life and make a good future and they are passionate about it and they are ready to take any challenge to fully feel their desire.

Have you seen this organization” Advocate for youth”? https://advocatesforyouth.org/. I thought you might be interested in this because they are very well organized organization and they advocate for youth revolt. I also want to share there website quiet ” Young people understand that reproductive and sexual health and rights are inextricably tied to social justice and the fight for liberation. Join thousands of youth activists and adult allies as we build a better and more equitable world”. I found this quote very inspiring.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

2. Kayla 6 months ago

Hello Yeanoor,
    I think this article is the positivity I need at a time like this! I agree with the other comment about how the older generations do not know what we can do if we put our minds to it. Because it is not just TikTok and avocado toast, we can accomplish great things. However, we seemed to be underestimated! Thank you for posting this!

3. Madi 6 months ago

Dear Yeanoor,
    I really enjoyed your article and it gave me a sense of hope for our future. Like you said, our generation “knows how to solve problems and are intelligent enough to take leadership roles” which I think is very important! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

4. Madelyn 6 months ago

Hi Yeanoor. This is amazing, I think many of the older generations do not know all that we are capable of. I really appreciate you pointing this out.

5. Celines 6 months ago

Dear Yeanoor
    I am impressed by your text “Today’s Children Tomorrow’s Future” because you explain some details about your opinion based on the video on Instagram of the representative Ocasio Cortez. Also you give some examples of the young activists that are the resources to prove that young people are presented.
    One set of the lines that stands out for me is “I think this is remarkable because you use some of the examples of how our young generation does not step back to learn or give value to our history and other memorials events that happened in the past.” This line describes the reason that young people are involved in the issues that affect the community. Also some examples that you find of other young people that advocate for their rights.
    Another sentence that I impacted was; “we know how to solve problems and are intelligent enough to take leadership roles and choose the government.”This stood out for me because you explain that young people have more possibilities to change the roles. They find some ways to make the difference according to the issue that they are facing.
    Thanks for your post. I look forward to seeing what you make next. I hope you continue to post more texts like this one.

6. Idelkys 6 months ago

Dear Yeanoor,

I am very much connected and agree with what you are saying about “Today’s Children, Tomorrow’s Future” because you clearly stated that youth people have the courage to speak up for themselves and that teenagers and they are utilizing what happened in history as a tool to change what is happening in the actuality.
    One set of lines that stand out to me was, when it says” “His new generation is the radical acceptance that I see from so many and they take time to read and understand our history, the history of the labor movement, civil rights, the history of racial struggles, the history of economics, the history of the United States, the history of colonialism.” I think this is remarkable because you use some of the examples of how our young generation does not step back to learn or give value to our history and other memorials events that happened in the past. We always look forward to bringing out the past history and showing our interest by seeing that from different perspectives. We have the courage to accept the fact even though it could be bad, we always try to make it better by not repeating the same mistake.” This paragraph is important to highlight because many people are mistaken with why we fight and protest. We want to let people know that since we have the resources to protest and speak up for our rights , we have the possibility to make a change in the society. Youth people at this time, should not allow to continue what keeps tormenting us, such as political issues and injustices in Society.

Thank you very much for sharing your story. I look forward to hear what comes next.