Dear Representative Ocasio-Cortez,

Your Instagram video about this generation being badass leaves me feeling giddy and almost speechless. Giddy and almost speechless. The way you Delibes the young generation is very amazing, and I feel proud as a young girl. You show our generation as a power group of people and profound. You say that we are not afraid to get out to defend what we believe. One thing you said that stands out for me is when you say, “ I think the young generation is more sensitive in a positive way. They actually care about other people’s experiences in life.”

I think this is feeling and expressive of gratitude because she gives us a big honor that represents our generation. That demonstrates that we are a generation that cares for other people’s life whatever their status. I do with the word of gratifyingly agree with you that. It gives the badass generation a credit and pleasure of satisfaction which means that through her video she fulfills the desires or expect ions of the young generation that we are. I agree that this new generation is very profound and very strong and very brave. We are actually willing to go to the streets, and this really demonstrates that this young generation is ready to stand out and to be proud of themselves. One reason I say this is because she represents us as a powerful generation. The young generation is not weak at all. Another thing you say that I agree with is “They’re not afraid to have those conversations.” This means that the young generation has determination to go further than other, older generations. This means that the young generation has determination to go further than other old generations. Recently I was looking at videos by young activists, and one of them is a good example of what I’m saying here.

I’m especially inspired by the video by Blair Imani because I like the way she describes her coming out experience and the way she overcame what she went through. Also, she learned what discrimination against Muslims means because she faced it firsthand.  The issue in this video was the identity. Who are you ? Something memorable in a video is she is really proud to be who she is because she is glad to speak behalf to her community. Also, the way she speaks in front of many people makes her grow and go beyond her identity. This is meaningful because as a young Muslim woman she was not afraid to face her issue of identity. There are some people who hide her identity when people ask them where they come from. That is very sad because no matter where you come from or where you have been living, you need to be proud of yourself. This video sparks my interest because as an immigrant I saw how people treat us in this country. They are making a discrimination about our background and they know respect our culture this is why I really proud of my background no matter what. It is good because she speaks on behalf of the young generation. “You are the government! Like, as a democracy, we the people mean you. You are as a voter you are the government too”.( ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ).

This is basically saying the young generation is the administration, as a self-government, the individuals are very important for them. They are all over the society where we live and they are the voice of the government. I’ve also been learning about the young activist of young people who advocate for the change in their country or the condition of people who are threatened by other ethnicity. For me this is a very important stand up on what you believe. To get the courage and go forward. Not cease your path. The young protesters that I find most inspiring are the ones who the group of black women who was doing the civil rights. I think this history is a good example of supporting something you said in your video: “. I think that they are more sensitive, in a positive way, ” I agree with you here, because the young generation is very compassionate through other people always doing the good way.

Thanks for taking the time to read my letter. I look forward to seeing what you do or say next. Your video was very powerful for because it wants to explain how the young generation does not have to be neglected by the other generation. Also, some people think when you young you can’t speak or think positively. Always they want to push you back. We mus allow youth to express themselves when they want to say something. This is why I really enjoy watching your video.

I chose this video to post here because it was very appealing and sorrowful for me. There is a big issue in Africa’s education. The video explains how children in  Africa do not have the opportunity to attend school and stay a dream for them because of conflict that is all over the Africa continent. 

Also, there is a discrimination problem that the government can not solve at all. Their lives are not safe and there are not enough teachers to teach them. There is something that was unforgettable for me in this video, how young boys and girls even though they did not have a lot of chance to have to go school to school they did not give up the hope and they still learned at home with their mother and brothers and those who have a chance to go school they were so happy to share this experience with other students young like them. 

Besides, they were so focused in class and content to show what they were doing in class with their teachers although their classes were so uncomfortable. This shows that everyone has the right to education. Education is the basis of human rights. We have to construct a better future for children in order for them to acquire knowledge and skills. School for Africa and equality for all children.

This video really motivates me to go farthest in my studies and to get the opportunity that I have in this Country. When I looked at this video I was so sad and I Leaned it is not children who have a chance to go to school in their country.  There are some children who still face this kind of issue s, especially in Africa.          

1. Aboubakar 4 months ago

Dear Leticia
    I agree with your letter, “AOC Makes Me Giddy!” because < today generation is fighting to make their life the best. There are a lot of people today and there are not a lot of a good job of them. Therefore they have each have to fight to become the best. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I think the young generation is more sensitive in a positive way. They actually care about other people’s experiences in life” I think this is correct because the way this generation fight to get what they are different from the way that past generation used to get what they want. In the past, people were fighting for all group, but now people are fighting for themselves and the one that comes after them. Another thing that I stood out of it was: “the video.” This stood out for me because the future depends on the children. These children will not able to make the future the best if they don’t have educations. Have you seen this video: the Importance Of Education - What's The Real Purpose Of Education? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDAdi6ZLktc. I thought you might be interested in this.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

2. Khadija 4 months ago

Dear Leticia,
    I am choosing an adjective grateful to show you my emotion that I feel when I read your letter, “AOC Makes Me Giddy!”. Your letter was too emotional for me because it was much realistic and had a great thought about all the things we are facing in our real life.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ Education is the basis of human rights..” I think this is powerful because without education we could not do anything so it is better to take this seriously because I like this sentence and I agree with that since education is a key of the whole world.
    Another sentence that I like was: “ I think that they are more sensitive, in a positive way” This stood out for me because they know even if it is hard one day they can make others like them before them . Since the fight does not start with us, some already started before us so we should respect their path roads in peace for they can have everything done.
    I like to do some reading online and the thing that interested me was a book called Patience. Have you seen this book? if not go see In a youtube I thought you might be interested in this because of the advice that you want to teach us from this video. Thank you for your bravery.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I really enjoy reading your written style and it helps me to open my mind about our society even though sometimes it is really hard for us to accept everything. But I wonder if next time you can give us a deep conclusion? For more explanation, thank you.

3. El-Hossin 4 months ago

Dear Leticia,

I am really fascinated by your detailed and cogent letter to AOC. You really demonstrated how much impact AOC has had on young people. I agree with you on the fact that AOC unconsciously encourages young people to excel by motivating them.

One thing you said that stands out for me is: ‘The way you Delibes the young generation is very amazing, and I feel proud as a young girl.’ because I believe that our generation experience unprecedented events. Yet, they do not complain but they always find ways to overcome them. Also, it proves that AOC speeches empower young youth.

Thank you for your writing and I look forward to seeing what you write next.

4. Fatoumata 4 months ago

Dear Leticia
    I am impressed by, your letter “AOC Makes Me Giddy!,” because you really show her your gratitude in this letter and how you used the video to show someone people in Africa whom don’t have the same opportunity to stand for themselves . One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I think this is feeling and expressive of gratitude because she gives us a big honor that represents our generation. That demonstrates that we are a generation that cares for other people’s life whatever their status. I do with the word of gratifyingly agree with you that.” I think this is emotional because when I was reading the text it was a lot of tone.
    Another sentence that I like was: “ This means that the young generation has determination to go further than other, older generations. This means that the young generation has determination to go further than other old generations..” This stood out for me because
    I like to watched online video, I found this wonderful activist who is Hadja Idrissa Bah founding president of the club of young girls leaders of Guinea, is a Guinean activist. She was President of the Guinean Children’s Parliament which fights against forced marriages, marital rapes and genital mutilation. Have you seen this video youtube? <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1NeCr6zk6U> I thought you might be interested in this because you video is a little be similar with this story .Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you are very thoughtful and an inspired person.