In the discussion , “The World is Diverse” I learned that there are still some hardships among those of color. There are people who neglect the diversity that the world is built upon, these people usually end up discriminating against people. The world has come a long way however, the United States is a diverse country that accepts its people. Back then that wasn’t the case. It took people such as MLK Jr. voicing their opinions on the injustice that went on with African Americans during the twentieth century. Ignorance still lies dormant, but society has come a long way regarding the acceptance of different people. 

I think in order to preserve the acceptance that we have in society today, people as a whole need to band together and accept each others’ differences. While we may have different upbringings, different traditions, and even different ideals, that doesn’t mean that people can’t coincide with one another.

What do you people think we need to do to sustain or even promote acceptance among “different” groups of people?