The right to Health Care in many places is being violated, some don’t even know that they have these rights. Knowing your rights reduces the chances of being taken advantage of by people with higher power like the gov. Don’t let the gov take your rights away. A local issue that we have been studying is “Aperion Care” down a suburb in Chicago. Throughout our research, we found that many of these ‘basic’ rights are not being followed in this place. A group of attorney placed an investigation and found that this placed failed on several conditions:

–> Failed to keep information confidential

–> Failed to keep a safe and clean space for its residents

–> Failed to have their residents up to date with their medications

CC BY-SA 4.0 Health Care by Samantha is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Sam 2 weeks ago

I found this very interesting to read! You gave a lot of great reminders that many people probably needed to hear. I really also liked the piece about the place in Chicago, because it showed how real the issue actually is. If you have any interest in reading more about this topic I would recommend taking a look at this website: https://www.verywellhealth.com/patients-rights-2615387

2. William 3 weeks ago

Dear Samantha:

I am intrigued by your post, “Health Care” because I had never known that the right to health care was being violated in so many places. Many people are being taken advantage of because they don’t know their rights. One sentence that you wrote that stands out for me is, “Knowing your rights reduces the chances of being taken advantage of by people with higher power like the gov”. I think this is disgusting because the government takes advantage of those who don’t know their rights.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you had a very simple yet insightful information on health care rights being taken advantage, and not just health care but you showed me that all types of rights are being violated.

William Orellana