Celebrities are the people we see and watch in the media. They can vary from authors to actors to doctors to singers to scientists to athletes and everything in between. These are the people who may be hated, adored, appreciated, or looked up to. They have some of the loudest voices in our media and each and every one of them has their own opinions. But, does this mean that we should listen?

In today’s world, many people in America are being faced with the upcoming presidential election. With major issues like climate change, equal rights among gender and race, healthcare, and so many others playing a key role is picking candidates, Americans are being shown the candidates and eachothers stances on these issues. Recently Taylor Swift has spoken out about the candidates and who she will support in the upcoming election. A post by Sarah Mervosh who writes for the New York Times wrote about Swift’s stance and how she is affecting many voters.  On media Swift has an estimated 12 million followers. By making one comment she can sway an entire country.

I believe that in any situation anyone’s opinions should be listened to and attempted to be understood. With this we should not believe everything someone may say without double checking the facts. When it comes to celebrities I think they have a major role of influence and should use it for the greater good. Celebrities should keep influencing and sharing their thoughts, but they must be mindful about what they are portraying to the world.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Should Celebrities Voice Their Opinions on Political Views? by Madelyn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.