For my seventh source I viewed a video talking about the idea many states have to offer free public college to all people regardless of their income. This idea was strongly pressed by Bernie Sander’s 2016 presidential campaign. That said the idea may not really be as beneficial as it seems at first glance. Offering free tuition will cause a loss in money elsewhere. At the end of the day free tuition isn’t actually “free”. The video stated that many schools who have enacted this act of offering free education quickly end up asking for funds, professors, and other resources to cover the deficit that was created. Additionally it is predicted that many students would actually drop out as they have less motivation due to the fact that they aren’t paying for school. This would mean the school would ultimately waste a decent sum of money. It seems like a great idea at first, however with further research it may not be the most viable one.

https://nowcomment.com/documents/170215

1. Riley 3 months ago

Hi alex! I agree with what you said in your article and how no matter if it is free to the public, it is going to cost people millions somewhere. College is a very important part of our educational lives and if we hesitate on going we lose that opportunity. It would be amazing if we are able to make it free, but it is 100000000% unlikely that it will happen.

Thanks!