The new type of coronavirus 2019 refers to the first outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome in Wuhan, China in 2019, including deaths caused by symptoms such as fever and pneumonia.

The outbreak was initially thought to have occurred in the South China Seafood Market in Wuhan, China, and not all of the first and early cases were found here. The source of the virus has not been found, and the transmission route and extent of spread are not clear. Experts from the World Health Organization believed in the middle and late January that the virus can be transmitted from person to person and is contagious during the incubation period.

Coronaviruses are usually transmitted from person to person through coughing and sneezing, in close contact with infected persons, or on infected surfaces, followed by mouth, nose, or eyes. To prevent new coronavirus infections, we need hygienic habits, such as washing hands frequently, keeping the body hydrated, covering mouth and nose with hands or paper towels when coughing, and staying home when sick.

1. Jasmin 4 months ago

Dear Eric:
    I am very moved with your post, “Coronavirus Outbreak,” because it helps inform people about what is going on with the virus. It also gives us precautions to take in order to protect ourselves from the virus. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “To prevent new coronavirus infections, we need hygienic habits, such as … staying home when sick.” I think this is important because a lot of people might not be aware that being sick makes you more vulnerable to catching the virus, as well as other possible diseases.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I am able to better inform myself about the Coronavirus and other recent topics.
    Jasmin

2. Keila 4 months ago

Dear Eric :
    I most definitely agree with what you have to say about this serious matter. The corona virus is very serious and I am glad that you have wrote about it to not only help us but also inform us.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ To prevent new coronavirus infections, we need hygienic habits, such as washing hands frequently, keeping the body hydrated, covering mouth and nose with hands or paper towels when coughing, and staying home when sick.” I think this is intreving because you have advised ways to try and keep us away from it or try to even just stay alert.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because what you have said in this informative writing I will and already have been putting it to use so thank you very much.
    -Keila

• Raul 4 months ago

Dear keila:
      I disagree with you because the corona virus has not really killed a lot of people and more people die to a regular flu.

3. Iris 4 months ago

Excellent explanation of the Corona virus outbreak .

4. Lezly 4 months ago

Estimado Eric,
    Estoy de acuerdo con tu publicación, “brote de coronavirus”, porque este tipo de virus ha causado muchas muertes de personas. Este virus brotó en el año 2019 es muy peligroso porque es una enfermedad respiratoria. Que poco a poco acaba con las personas.
    Una frase que usted escribió que se destaca para mi es: “los coronavirus se transmiten de persona a persona al toser y estornudar” creo que esto es muy importante de saber porque todas las personas deben saber lo que es este virus, cómo se transmite y cómo deben prevenir las personas contagiarse del coronavirus.
    Gracias por tu escritura. Espero ver lo que escribes a continuación, porque tus publicaciones son de mucha importancia para toda la sociedad. Y su publicación es muy interesante.
    Que mas debemos saber para que no nos infectemos del coronavirus?

5. 2020 Timothy Tanga 4 months ago

Hey Eric,
    I agree that good hygiene and taking care of our bodies is necessary to stay healthy and prevent transmission. This post was very well written and covered a very interesting topic.

6. Jack 4 months ago

Eric,
    I agree that we must use our basic hygiene habits to help prevent the transmission of the disease. This post was well written and I liked the topic. Nice job

7. Ella 5 months ago

Hi Eric,
    I thought your post was very interesting and i agree with you. I agree that we need better hygiene habits and should instigate those more. All of the examples you listed were great and I believe that if we instigate this around the world more, it can help prevent sickness, and even these rapid spreading diseases.

8. Alicia 5 months ago

Great post. I think that basic the hygiene habits that we are taught as young kids will play a very important role in diminishing further transmission of the virus. Your post was very well written.