I have always focused on the problem with zoos. My articles have always been more one sided. It is hard to reason and look at another point of view someone else is feeling when you disagree with it so much. No one likes the idea of animals being abused or hurt.

https://nowcomment.com/documents/169723

In this article it talks about the Hogle Zoo in Utah. Zoos get a lot of backlash on how they are not taking proper care of their animals and how they are not being kind to them. While this is the case sometimes, There are zoos that do their best with the resources they have at their disposal. Animal behavior is hard to see. When an animal is injured it will hide any signs and symptoms it might has. This is so they look strong and healthy so predators will be hesitant to attack them. If they showed their weakness or injury, they know that a predator will surely pick them to attack.

It was too late for a pregnant giraffe who most likely hid her symptoms. The zoo tried to save both the mother and the baby but the baby was to small to save. In these instances they are taken to a medical examiner to see what happened to them. While zoos seem like a terrible place for animals, which I do not disagree about, I do think that some zoos do try and care for their animals.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Backlash on Zoos by Jonathan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Eric 2 days ago

Hi jonathan, your post is good.
    I like your idea about the problem of zoos. The zoo lack lots of regulation, they are to hurry to put it in run to make money. This is hurt for animals. Also the limited places will hurt animals’ behave too. Here’s some sources that might help you:
    https://medium.economist.com/how-to-make-zoos-happier-places-52734e2d5f02