https://nowcomment.com/documents/169793

This document shows the variation in concussion rates from high school to college. The largest difference that I noticed was that concussion rates for football was almost cut in half going into the collegiate level. I’m guessing this is either due to the athletes having not as much variation in the skill levels between them and their opponents or because the players understand how to play the game with safer contact when compared to high school. Another part of the graph I thought was interesting was that in sports with both men and women teams, the women have higher concussion rates than the men. A reason I can see for this is that women do not have as much neck strength as men, so when they are doing the same activities they are more susceptible to getting concussions.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Concussion Rates in High School Compared to College by Dominic is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.