Our ancestors were killers, hunters, and especially runners. It’s in our DNA to be physically active. Everyone can be and there are so many amazing reasons why you should try to physically and work out. Even though I myself would love to be a couch potato and watch Netflix all day, it’s important to be physically active for at least an hour every day. Here’s why:

Even though exercise makes us tired it actually increases our energy. You become stronger, more focused, you’ll have a more healthy weight, you’ll age slower, you’re brain will think stronger, you’ll sleep better and so much more! But how do you start? The simplest way to start is through HIIT workouts (High-Intensity Interval Training). As the name says these are short high-intensity workouts. They don’t take much time but they have a big impact. Go on darebee.com and start your own workout, it’s free and it’ll help you make a plan. The next thing you need to do is workout frequently and routinely, about every day. After that keep on going and don’t stop. You will become more relaxed, healthier, more energetic, have a better immune system and so on. There are countless reasons why you should start working out. And now go do it!

1. Tomas 5 months ago

Joshua, I completely agree with you. I consider myself very active with all of my sports and activities I do outside of school. I try to maintain a healthy exercise routine and to stay in good shape. I totally agree that it is somewhat hard to be motivated, but as I have seen, when you start, its hard to stop working out. I find myself laying in bed, tired, but when I go workout, I feel rejuvenated and full of life. Along with exercise, a good diet is very important to stay healthy. Here is a link for simple rules when it comes to dieting for beginners: https://www.verywellfit.com/how-to-follow-a-make-your-own-rules-diet-4153881. I loved reading this article, it helped me feel motivated to work out and be healthy to be the best version of myself, so thank you. Let me know how your workout plans are going, and we can share information. Excited to see what comes next Josh.

2. Elliot 5 months ago

Hey Joshua,
    I love this. I think if more people listened this our society would be happier and more productive. But for some people it is hard to get motivated to start new habits. New habits are hard to create, and I think if we had more ways for beginners to access plans to start creating a healthy lifestyle, it would be well sought after and good for the generally community.

3. Nic 5 months ago

Joshua I completely agree with your post, some members of my family just started to try HIIT workouts and it has completely changed their lifestyle in the past couple months. They have been happier, more energetic, eating well, and has just helped them clear their mind. I too have somewhat recently started to workout more frequently and have found a lot of the same findings such as how working out in any form actually speeds up your metabolic rate allowing you to process food faster. I do also agree with the fact that there are so many reasons to start working out and it is unfortunate that the initial get go of starting a workout routine is so difficult but like you said you just have to keep going and don’t stop.

4. Max 5 months ago

Joshua, this makes sense, but I would like to expand on your idea. I don’t disagree with you, but I think that working out in the sense of going to the gym or doing planned workouts is not the most natural thing in the world. There is nothing wrong with it obviously, but I think the outdoors can be a powerful exercise for the mind and body. https://flipbelt.com/blog/working-out-at-the-gym-vs-outdoors this site compares the gym and the outdoors pros and cons. In my opinion most people I know that go to the gym are there to look good instead of caring about their physical well-being, and that annoys me. People shoot for looking strong but they can’t rock climb or do anything practical with their huge biceps.