My next three sources I annotated really added to my knowledge on the issue of student loan debt. Currently student loan debt is the second highest debt other than mortgage debt. However with the constantly increasing cost of college we are led to wonder if loan debt could conceivably outshine mortgage. Many of the articles also touched on the fact that many people stray away from college simply due to the tuition. They are worried they will be swimming in debt by the time of graduation and therefore choose to avoid college all together. Additionally, many students get discouraged part way through their education when they see the money they owe. This discouragement can cause students to score lower in classes, stop taking part in extracurricular activities, decrease the amount they spend time with friends, and even potentially make students drop out. The most common solution to fixing the student loan issue is to provide all students with a free two years of college. However many believe this to not be entirely the most sustainable for the government. This is indeed, most likely true, however money does not need to solely come from the government. Many states have already began to employ the use of money received elsewhere. Additionally, the idea of forgiving all student loan debt across the board is occasionally tossed around. However, forgiving debt is not the way to go. This is because many have already paid off their debts and therefore their money essentially “disappeared.” as they will not have any debts forgiven and will have dumped money into paying off their debt. The issue of increasing college tuition is quite prominent in modern society. It is something that needs to be addressed and soon otherwise it will cost the education of many and potentially hinder the working society of the future.

Quadlin, Natasha Yurk, and Daniel Rudel. “Responsibility or Liability? Student Loan Debt and Time Use in College.” Social Forces, vol. 94, no. 2, Dec. 2015, pp. 589–614. EBSCOhost, doi:10.1093/sf/sov053.

https://nowcomment.com/documents/168163

Patton, Carol. “Is Free Tuition Working?” Journal of College Admission, vol. 232, Summer 2016, pp. 30–33. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=aph&AN=118995966&site=ehost-live.

https://nowcomment.com/documents/168927

VERBRUGGEN, ROBERT. “Myths of Student-Loan Debt.” National Review, vol. 71, no. 13, July 2019, pp. 28–30. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=aph&AN=137429427&site=ehost-live.

https://nowcomment.com/documents/168930

CC BY-SA 4.0 How Can We Help Students Pay for School? by Alexander is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Horyna 1 month ago

Hey Alex, I think that the student loan debt crisis is such a fascinating and important issue. Especially since I am going to college next year, student loans and the expenses of college have been plaguing my mind. I had not previously considered the emotional tolls being in debt can take on college students. It is extremely disheartening that some students are missing out on their college experiences and getting lower grades due to their looming student loan debt. Have you heard of the new budget President Trump proposed earlier this week? If not, you should check out this article https://twocents.lifehacker.com/what-trumps-budget-plan-would-mean-for-your-student-loa-1841637438. This change in policy could make the situation even worse by cutting back on federal aid. I look forward to reading more from you on this topic and am eager to see your proposed solution for this issue.
    Amaia Horyna

2. Yoselin 1 month ago

Dear :Alexander
    I am really interested in your post about “How Can We Help Students Pay for School”because this can truly help out certain students that probably their parents dont have the necessary money to pay their schools.Another reason why this post is truly interesting because certain students don’t have a motivation to continue in school but with this i do believe they will constitute going to school. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “Additionally, many students get discouraged part way through their education when they see the money they owe. This discouragement can cause students to score lower in classes, stop taking part in extracurricular activities, decrease the amount they spend time with friends, and even potentially make students drop out. “This stood out for me because some students learn in a don’t really get the learning as other students and this certainly ,makes those students fall behind and some teachers don’t really wait for you to catch up because other students are ahead of us so then go to the next lesson and this makes those certain students not want to continue school for certain reasons but if they see the loans of those schools are paid that will really cheer them up.Have you seen https://www.daveramsey.com/blog/how-to-pay-off-student-loans-quickly i thought you might be interested in this because this says lots of ways you can pay loans faster
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because i am very interested on how you can come up with a solution
    Best,
    Yoselin

• Mark 2 weeks ago

First of all, I liked that you posted a link with your comment, it helps to show Alexander on what you are talking about and it also shows evidence if you are agreeing or disagreeing on one of the sentences of the article. I did not like that your comment was long, i’m not saying that your comment was not great, but make sure you shorten your comment a bit. You should only type or write 3 sentences in a comment. I think that this is advanced work, and you should get an A on this assignment. One more thing, “I” should be Capitalized.