When it comes to the concept of “America”, most people think of the American Dream, obesity, freedom, gun violence, faithful ally, or being a warmonger. 

According to the newsroom, “American” means less than what it used to because statistically, America is not the greatest country. It falls short in so many important categories.

The video titled “Why America is NOT the greatest country in the world, anymore.” examines the reasons for America not being the greatest country anymore.

Will MacAvoy states “We’re seventh in literacy, twenty-seventh in math, twenty-second in science, forty-ninth in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, third in median household income, number four in labor force, and number four in exports.”

In other words, he believes that America is statistically not the best country.

The speaker uses information to explain that America is not the greatest country.

In my opinion, this source portrays America as statistically not the best, which I find to be correct.

Similarly, “Why America is NOT the greatest country in the world, anymore.” defines America as statistically not the best, while “The Road North” argues that America doesn’t treat it’s marginalised citizens properly.

According to both “Why America is NOT the greatest country in the world, anymore.” and “The Road North”, America has numerous issues that need to be dealt with.

The examples found in “The Road North” reinforce the need for social welfare programs.

“For myself I try to have American dream, but it never happens unless you have cash flow or capital— then you can have the American dream to do a business or something. But the rest of us, earning minimum wage, we struggle forever. ” is a powerful example that illustrates the struggles faced by a large number of people in the united states.

Basically, Damien Cave is saying that America should raise the minimum wage.

In other words, he believes that poverty is a curable problem.

In my opinion, America means nothing! This whole project is dumb. I misconstrued my sources because the rubric didn’t say not to, and they didn’t relate to my viewpoint anyways. America means nothing because there are so many diverse experiences across everywhere. Geography, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, wealth, occupation, social network, health, etc. All of these change so much! America is so ridiculously, stupidly diverse that literally nothing defines America! There is no common American experience! 

My experience as a fairly wealthy person helps me see “America” as both good and bad, due to the fact that I’ve had the opportunity to keep up with the news, spend time on social media, learn about other people’s struggles, etc.

The fact that I’m white and trans affect my experience in America because that’s how identities work! I’m white so people aren’t racist. I’m trans, so people are transphobic. I don’t know what you want, this project is such trash garbage.

I find the arguments outlined above to be nothing! They’re not arguing about what America is, per se! They’re arguing about its power, or about some people’s experience, but it will never encapsulate the whole! Nothing can!

American Literature can be defined as literature that is written in America about life in America. That’s it. 

American Literature is written by authors, and this sentence frame doesn’t make sense.    

American Literature is about small bits and slices of American life.

For example, the text The Things They Carried, by Tim O’ Brian describes the experience of American Soldiers in and after the Vietnam war.

CC BY-SA 4.0 America???????????? by Livia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.