Dear Education,

I remembered walking into you knowing I’m going to have to make new friends and have to be with them for 8 hours everyday but saturday and sunday my heart was raising walking into class knowing if i want to achieve my dream and get there i have to work hard and have no one stop me from what i’m doing.

If you don’t do it young, then you’ll never do it, in my opinion

My role in educating as a student is not just to do what I want, but to make mistakes. Education has helped me turn weakness into strength.

Education has given me empowerment to make mobile and gives me access to social networks. Helped me stand up for passing violence.

The human race has made important progress in the past 7 million years.
It helps me stand up against wrong and for the right, it helps me progress, gives me a healthier lifestyle and helps me be more productive. Thank you, for making my life way easier I learned more about my society when I ain’t know.

1. Lizette Martinez 5 months ago

Dear Martha,
    I love your poem it is very nicely written and it shows that you care about education deeply. I like how in the beginning you talk about how when you first walked into education you knew all the outcomes it would have. You knew that if you were going to to go somewhere in life you would need to work hard and not let anyone stop you from accomplishing your dreams. I also like how you include that with knowledge and education the human race has come pretty far in terms of medicine and technology. The only thing I would change is some of the grammar, in the first part of your poem it sounds a bit awkward to read. overall its pretty good and I hope you keep on writing.

• Beverly 4 months ago

Dear Martha,
      I very much like your perspective on education and gives me a sense of remembering why education is important. Being in high school, I sometimes don’t understand the point of being at school 8 hrs a day for several months. You giving me this perspective has helped me remember the importance of education and that not everyone has access to education. I wanted to thank you for inspiring me to think on a different level than I thought possible.