I am thinking about managing my time before every due date. Being responsible is important because you will not have no one telling what or when to do certain stuff.

Reading the three stories that are somehow similar and different in certain way might be so difficult how those stories will end up. A family that fight over a heritage that do not even know where that would lead them after they get it. A daughter who was envious towards her sister because she her sister is more elegant than her. She feels like every trouble that happens in her life, it happens because of her family. whoever comes to their house asks about her sister not her. That even made her not want to be with her family. At that time she did not know the importance of having a family or being a warm environment. The mother was a side lover because she did not love her daughters in the same way. The mother decided to give the quilt to her beloved daughter. In the Lesson it shows where some kids did not have anyone at the beginning to tell them what is life or the reality of life. They thought always waking up and hang on the streets or play bullshit that’s what’s going to make their lives to be improved. Until one day they had a kind person who helped them see the brightness of life which is education. At first they were making fun of the lady who came to help them, they did not realize the importance of being an educated person. This makes me think that they are irregular kids who do not know anything.

Reading these makes me think that maybe they wrote the stories to let people to not commit the same mistakes that they did.

In this society different people are being treated unfairly because of their race or ethnicity. It’s important for everyone to treat people how they want to be treated. Some families need to have a warm environment that everyone can feel loved. Anyone should pay attention to the importance of life and education. “Everyday use” would be a better set for future study because we can learn from it that a person should not get envious or blames people for what happened to them in life. Especially, when it comes to family the people who love you the most in this life and who can understand and help you find brightness for you to be able to know how to deal with your future. It teaches us also for a mother she should show the same affection towards her daughters. Even though she loves one of them most. That way it would make the other one to develop new characters or attitudes that no one has ever known them from that. The importance of heritage, it’s not just because the other daughter is her favorite she is the one who should get the heritage. It has to be split in half and everyone is happy.

In The Lesson the kids did not know the importance of being an educated person. They were making fun of a person who offered to help them see the reality of the society. They struggled being poor and never had the opportunity to go to school. They did fight at the beginning to make all that disappear. That time they did not realize that education is the most powerful weapon that a person could have and no one else can’t take it from him or her. Especially that time was when segregation and they thought that they were not allowed to fight for their presence and their future. They must have honored their past and make their future better than they lived.

In the story of How to Date a Blackhgirl, Whitegirl, Browngirl or Halfie. The narrator was teaching a young adult boy to know different type of race and how to be presentably when meeting one kind of them. The person did not know where to be who to choose because every girl he meets he sees some characters that would make him go to the next one.  The author is making a stereotype about how to behave if you are dating a girl based on their ethnicity.

Photo by sasint (Pixabay)

1. Erick R 7 months ago

Dear Housseynatu,
    In the first sentence it quotes, “I am thinking about managing my time before every due date. Being responsible is important because you will not have no one telling what or when to do certain stuff”. I like how you are thinking about your future very much and are trying your best not to waste no time. I like how you acknowledge being responsible because this is very much something that not a lot of people like doing, and are not very good at as well. You also acknowledge education very much in this article you wrote and I love that as well. Best of luck to your future writings!

2. El-Hassn 7 months ago

Dear Hossenyato:

I am envious of your essay, “The Brightness of Education,” because it shows a realistic point of view about life and how luck just played its role in some people’s life.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “t’s important for everyone to treat people how they want to be treated.” I think this is eye-catching because it shows that it’s important to value humans and give the same respect that we want to everyone. Another sentence that I liked was: “people who love you the most in this life and who can understand and help you find brightness.” This stood out for me because it proves that it’s ok to not be satisfied with your current situation, but it’s not ok to be in the same place for the rest of your life.

Have you seen this book? I thought you might be interested in this because it tells you how to actually read a book.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I think the realism in your literature is so eye-catching and open the reader’s mind.

3. Aboubakar 8 months ago

Dear Houssenatou:
    I am really sad about your letter, “The Brightness of Education,” because hearing that the kid who will change the world in the future is uneducated. I wonder what the future will be if these kids stay uneducated.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “The narrator was teaching a young adult boy to know different types of race and how to be presentable when meeting one kind of them.” I think this is good, but sometimes it is useless. The boy has to be careful. because people are different even though they have the same race. Sometimes people can have different races and have the same behavior.
    Another sentence that I hurted me was: “The mother was a side lover because she did not love her daughters in the same way.” This stood out for me because I can not understand how someone can love one of his or her children and forget about the one. Above all, a woman.
    I do totally agree with you that woman who loves one of her children more than the other. One reason I say this is because I think women are more qualified to educate children than men. If these women start making differences between their children that means the destruction of the families will be the biggest problem in the world. Then after that there will be peace in the world.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

4. Emely 8 months ago

Dear Housseynatu

I am so interested, fascinated and surprised about your writing “ The Brightness of Education,” because the topic is so true and your writing has so much to say about education. I pretty much support the idea that acknowledging change our mind makes people be independent and productive to our life.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ That time they did not realize that education is the most powerful weapon that a person could have and no one else can’t take it from him or her. Especially that time was when segregation and they thought that they were not allowed to fight for their presence and their future. They must have honored their past and made their future better than they lived.” I think this is inspiring because that is the one way our society can move on just by having education that is the key to change or improve inequality. If we check the story of these people who finish their education, for example Martin Luther King and Rosa Park, they make a huge impact on their surroundings.
    Another sentence that I liked was: “Reading these makes me think that maybe they wrote the stories to let people to not commit the same mistakes that they did. ” This stood out for me because the a great reason why the author decided to make this story so can keep impacting other people’s lives through year and year is important to maintain story alive so people would try to change their minds.
    Have you seen this read Malala book? I just love her voice and ideas. Please, if you haven’t read her book yet I recommend you to do it because she supports education. She just said that it is better to be prepared to fight with a pen instead of a weapon which is so true.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next !

Best,
    Emely Lopez