We have chosen to study why parents don’t like social media,video games, this issue is important to me because I deal with some of these issues for example my parents don’t like violent video games because they think it’s going to make me violent because what’s happening in the news right now.Many people are impacted by this issue because they cant use social media and play certain games because their parents think its bad,one example is that video games don’t cause violence because there’s been many scientific studies that debunked that issue it’s more about the person’s mental state and instead of blaming people they blame video games.In addition many people are impacted by this and in result of that they cant play online with there friends.

CC BY-SA 4.0 ok boomer by Juan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Alexander 2 months ago

Juan,

Firstly the title is definitely one that catches people’s attention. Secondly, I really enjoyed your input on the topic. It is undeniably an issue that arises in modern society. Many of the games that are released receive the mature rating. I don’t believe that violent video games cause players to act in violent fashions. In fact many studies have shown that this isn’t the case as you stated here, “video games don’t cause violence because there’s been many scientific studies that debunked that issue it’s more about the person’s mental state and instead of blaming people they blame video games.” However it can indeed be hard to convince parent’s or “Boomers” to allow violent video games to be played. If you can’t seem to convince them I would recommend looking into a Nintendo switch. Most games don’t exceed a teen rating however they are still some of the best selling games on the market. Additionally you could consider an alternative option such as a board game like clue. Thanks for your input, I look forward to seeing what you write next.

Check out this article.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/sports/trump-violent-video-games-studies.html

2. Matt 2 months ago

Hey Juan
    Your title really caught my attention haha but I totally agree with you, video games, or any form of social media or entertainment won’t necessarily make you violent, or a bad person. Here’s an article where I think you can learn more about video games and real life violence. https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/health/video-games-violence-explainer/index.html

3. Lizette Martinez 2 months ago

Dear Juan,
    I really love how you worded your title. when scrolling through the articles I saw
    your title and it caught my attention. I do agree that sometimes parents believe that video games that contain guns or warfare are going to be influenced to do something violent which isn’t true. What happens in the news can be start and especially to parents that have children, the best way to go about the issue is to explain to them the facts and enlighten them about video games. You mentioned Scientific studies but we don’t know which ones, maybe next time you should site where you got these studies from.

4. janet E Ilko 2 months ago

Dear Juan,
    I loved your title of this post. I am a boomer, being a teacher of a certain age so you caught my attention. I can tell that you feel frustrated that your parents don’t let you play the games you would like to on line. I am wondering if you could give another example about what the research specifically said about video gaming and violence. That might help prove your point. Hope to hear more from you.
    Dr. Ilko
    HSHMC San Diego, CA.

5. Dewry 2 months ago

dear juan in addition many people are impacted by this and in result of that they cant play online with there friends.