The best way to enjoy reading different stories is by choosing the stories that have connections between the stories and your real life. That what we do in our class, where we had to choose three stories to read and discus. The stories that we choose named How to date different girls by Junot Diaz, Everyday use by Alice Walker ,and the Lesson by Bambara. All of the stories are kind of personal stories from different people, the three stories have social problems. All of the stories have differences in their details such as charactraizon, setting, and conflicts. The story How to date different girls is connected to our life, since we have to deal with different people and understand them. The story Everyday use is connected to our life, since we wanted to be fair with friends and family members. The Lesson by Bambara is connected to our life, since we are educated people who have to advise other uneducated people to learn. I enjoy reading the stories and analysis the events in each story.

How to Date a Brown Girl (Black Girl, White Girl, or Halfie) is the story that gave advice for the boy who wanted to date the girl. Even though the author begins the story asking the boy to not go out with his family, so he could have the house for his date. However that wasn’t the most important event, while there are other options such as going to her house or hotel. The most important thing is, while you like a girl and she likes you back, then dating her will be based on understanding each other which is not easy. That was the real advice, when he started giving the boy different girls behavior based on the girl race. The fact that people are different effect relationships in positive or negative ways, if both of the boy and girl help themselves to understand each other or to not understand each other. The story taught us how hard is to make connections with people, while they have different characteristics then your, however it’s easy if we help ourselves. Whatever is the kind of relationship that have to build, all sides of the relationship have to agree and approach their views. This story is connected to my life, while I’m living in a different country than my home country, where I met and keep meeting different people. The fact that my life has so many different people, that I have to deal with and work together, is making my life even better. I like to accept all the people in my life, trying to learn from them and teach them as well.

Everyday use is that story told by an old Aferican American women who live on very hard time plus having two daughters that she has to be fair with each one of them. Mama is the example of the strong woman who facing the struggles and survive within all the problems in her life. Mama nice house had been burned and cause her life to change for the worse, since her daughter Maggie burned her hands in that day. Mama were always dreaming to see her two daughters growing learning and being successful girls, but after the house burned and Maggie hands everything chang. Maggie have got weak personality thinking that Mama loves her sister more than her. Dee who went to school by Mama help in order to be educated and help her mom and sister, become selfish thinking that Mama and Maggie are backward. The fact that Mama loved Dee more than Maggie in my opinion is different then what other people think. Since Maggie wasn’t strong enough too faced the challenges in school, Mama think to send Dee to school as the last hope to change their life. However Dee doesn’t deserve Mama hope, while she change and think that is better to live away from Mama and Maggie because they are not educated. My own life and Everyday use have big connection, while my position is almost similar to Maggie position. Mama remind me, how strong is my mom, since she has similar struggles and she still fighting to help me and my brother who just like Dee. My mom who takes care of my brother and I, since we were babies. She facing many struggles trying to be fair with us, however the real connection isn’t that. My brother who’s at high school never being successful at school for some reasons. I,m my mom last hope to be educated and prove her life and my brother’s life in the future. This story somehow motivate me to finish my education in order to help my family and never be like Dee.

The Lesson by Bambara is talking about Aferican American children who lived on that hard time (segregation and discimination). They have no home, no education or any kind of their rights as humans. They were suffering which is the reason for these kids to live on the street and not enjoying anything in their life. The only thing that takes their attention is talking about other people in the street and talking by the street language. The only thing that could change their lives, is to send them to school, in other words the only right they should fight about we’re getting educated. The fact that being educated make you stronger and knoulage about your rights and how to get your rights. The advice they have been waiting for, when someone will tell them what to do finally came true. Ms Moore an educated woman who have really good heart, loved to help people. She saw the kids in the street, and get closer to them, while they were making fun of how she looks like. That was the only thing they used to making fun of people, however we should scuse them since they were uneducated. Ms. Moore gave them advice about how important is to get educated, so they could know their rights and get it. I think Ms. Moore gave them gold advice, for two reasons. The first one is because being educated was the only solution for their position. The second reason is that all the kids not from Ms. Moore family or relate to her. The connection between my real life and the lesson, is that I’m an educated person. The fact that in my country most of the children don’t go or finish school because of the, somehow I have to do like Ms.Moore. I have to advise them to fight for education so they could change their lives and their families lives as well.

The three stories that we have read in class connection to each other and to our lives, All the stories talking about conflict, issues , and struggles and how to overcome these kind of things. The three stories discussing social problems using people’s experiences in their lives so we could learn from them. Each story of the three once impact me in a way that helps me to know more and be stronger.

Different Colours-4= by Sheba_Also 17,000,000 + views on 2013-06-01 15:21:54

CC BY-SA 4.0 Comparing three similar and different stories by Ahmed is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Yeanoor 2 weeks ago

Dear Ahmed,

I am intrigued about your post, “ Comparing three similar and different stories” because it is talking about the meaning of life. In life we meet new people and learn from each other. I really enjoyed the way you described and connected these three stories as specifically life and the people around you. The new people can influence our lives positively or negatively. However, we have to deal with this conflict and work on ourselves or others things to make it better.

The one line stands out for me “ The only thing that could change their lives, is to send them to school, in other words the only right they should fight about we’re getting educated” even though you have given priotese about people, at the same time you have valued how education is important. All the children in the nation have a right to get the opportunity to have a higher education. As a thought, all the youth should take action about the fact that many children are deprived of education.

I am really interested in your wonderful writing. This writing helps me to understand “ Everyday use, The Lesson and How to date Brown girls “are connected.

Thanks for your poem. I am looking forward to seeing what you make next.

2. Emely 2 weeks ago

Dear Ahmen

I am feeling curious and admire after reading your essay “ Comparing three similar and different stories,” because I never thought that a person can connect the three stories together and relate them with your personal life. I like the way you decide to be different and learn from each situation. You are kind and empathetic by taking care of other people’s lives pushing them to educate themself. That makes me feel so content, your writing lets me think that you are a very open person who believes that knowledge is in every person but they should that to change their life.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “The fact that my life has so many different people, that I have to deal with and work together, is making my life even better. I like to accept all the people in my life, trying to learn from them and teach them as well.The fact that my life has so many different people, that I have to deal with and work together, is making my life even better. I like to accept all the people in my life, trying to learn from them and teach them as well.” I think this is so crucial as human beings we should learn from each other not being selfish and keep what you have or know only for yourself.
    Another sentence that surprised me was “This story somehow motivates me to finish my education in order to help my family and never be like Dee.” This stood out for me because you recognizing without your mother help you will never be where you are right now. In other words you want to honor her which is so special you are so grateful.
    Have you seen this video on YouTube called “Obey Your Parents” I thought you might be interested in this because your ideas make me think about this video.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next !!

Best,
    Emely Lopez

3. Emely 2 weeks ago

Dear Ahmen

I am feeling curios and admire after reading your essay “ Comparing three similar and different stories,” because I never thought that a person can connected the three stories together and relate them with your personal life. I like the way how decide to be different and learn from each situation. You are kind and empathy by taking care of other people life pushing them to educate themself. That make me feel so content, your writing let me think that you are a very open person who believe that knowledge is in every person but they should that to change their life.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “The fact that my life has so many different people, that I have to deal with and work together, is making my life even better. I like to accept all the people in my life, trying to learn from them and teach them as well.The fact that my life has so many different people, that I have to deal with and work together, is making my life even better. I like to accept all the people in my life, trying to learn from them and teach them as well.” I think this is so crucial as human being we should learn from each other not being selfish and keep what you have or know only for yourself.
    Another sentence that I surprised me was “This story somehow motivate me to finish my education in order to help my family and never be like Dee.” This stood out for me because you recognizing without your mother help you will never be where you are right now. In other words you want to honor her which is so special you are so grateful.
    Have you seen this video is on YouTube call “Obey Your Parents” I thought you might be interested in this because of your ideas make me think about this video.

Best,
    Emely Lopez