By reading the three stories: Everyday use, the lesson, and how to date a girl, I see they are all connect to each other.  These connections are based on the literature element we use to compare them. In this project, we will talk about how the three stories are connected to each other and how each of them is different from the rest. In everyday use, there is a mother who has two daughters Dee and Maggie. She loves more Dee than Maggie. She puts Dee at school and even sent her to an Interns to study. But Maggie was the one at home taking care of her mother. She never went to school, and she was always sad. She thinks that her sister life was better than her life. I may say that she was jealous. In the lesson, the protagonists was a kid living in a poor neighborhood with her friends. Some of them don’t have a house, and others don’t even go to school. I think Maggie’s mother doesn’t even care about her. The stories How to date a girl is about a boy who is learning how to date a girl from his elder brother. As we can see all these stories have a similarity part which is education. I think this is important to talk about education of children because the future depend to the children.  If we educate the kid very well their future will be fine and they will be able to make the future better. 

Based on the literature element of the narrator, we can say that Everyday Use is connected to how to date a girl because both narrators are learning something new from Someone else.  They are getting educations for the future. Everyday use is also connected to the lesson because both narrators are talking about their family. The narrators are learning from their mistakes. Each of them has a part that is not different from the other stories. For example, in everyday use, the narrator was a person who didn’t love her two daughters at the same time but at the end of the stories, she learns that because of her mistake, her second daughter was always sad, and lonely.  In the lesson the narrator was shellfish. In addition to that, the narrator didn’t want to learn something from outside of her neighborhood. In How to date a girl, the narrator wanted to help his younger boy.

In the literature element of the theme, the three stories are connected to each other because the objective of the narrators wanted to show the reader how connection between our life and the life of other people is important? Also, there is some part of each story different from the other stories. In the case of everyday use, the author wanted to tell us that when we love one of our children more than the other we can cause the destruction of the family. On how to date a girl the author wants to teach us that we need to have patience in order to do something good. In the lesson, the author demonstrates to us that we shouldn’t enemy with those who don’t love. And sometimes we should be friend with those we don’t like in order to go forward. 

These stories are also connected to each other according to their mood. Some part of everyday use and the lesson have the same mood which is sad. There are some similar moods between everyday use and how to date a girl that is: the mood of tense. As well as How to date and the lesson because of they both a part where the mood is tense. But overall they all have the mood of gloomy.

In conclusion, these stories are good to study in college or in high school, because it makes the student learn more about literature elements.

MoteOo (Pixabay)

1. Isaac 2 months ago

Dear Aboubakar,

I am impressed by your analysis essay, “Life lesson” because it emphasizes the importance of education. It talks about education is our future more than anything.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “this is important to talk about education of children because the future depends on the children” I think this is really powerful because nowadays people focus on education just because they want to have a stable job in future. Meanwhile education could also make you a better and enhance your understanding of the word.
    Another sentence that caught my attention was: “ these stories are good to study in college or in high school, because it makes the student learn more about literature elements.” This stood out for me because I feel like these stories are full of political issues and can awaken our critical thinking still.
    Have you seen the movie “Lucy” ? https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/70307658 I thought you might be interested in this because of the intellectual aspect of it.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I really like the way you write in a simple but efficient way.

2. Isaac 2 months ago

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “” I think this is really powerful because nowadays people focus on education just because they want to have a stable job in future. Meanwhile education could also make you a better and enhance your understanding of the word.

3. Yeanoor 2 months ago

Dear Aboubakkar

I am enthusiastic about your post, “ Life lesson” because it emphasizes how three of the stories connect with each other somewhat. Most importantly, it is talking about the importance of education. How education can make it better out life situation

The one line that stands out for me is, “ this is important to talk about education of children because the future depends on the children” this is a really good statement and even realistic because Today’s children tomorrow’s future. We should push and teach the children the right things in order to make the world modern or digital country.
    Your writing helps me to understand “ Everyday use, The Lesson and How to date Brown girls “are hooked up together. All of these story narrators are learning from their mistakes. Every day Mama did not give the same love and promoted her both children but at the end both had the same attention from their mom. Even though they all are living a generation,where not everything is accessible but they evolve and adapt themselves to make a great influence on their life. I really like your thoughts and ideas and it was phenomenal to see how you connect them.

Thanks for your poem. I am looking forward to seeing what you make next.

4. Oumy 2 months ago

Dear Abooubakar:
    I am satisfied with your story, “ Life Lesson,” because it talked a lot about education and how people should know the meaning of education. I really like that you explain the importance of being educated and having an education. One sentence that stands out to me is, “ In the literature element of the theme, the three stories are connected to each other because the objective of the narrators wanted to show the reader how connection between our life and the life of other people is important?”. I think this line is interesting because when readers are reading books they should or must see themselves in it. As for me, reading makes my mind travel away, trying to build images and to connect it with the real world that we are living in right now. So if an author is trying to teach the readers how our life is connected in each other, we all should know that the fact of reading is not just to have fun but to see yourself inside. Another line that stands out for me is, “ these stories are good to study in college or in high school, because it makes the student learn more about literature elements.” I think this line is thought-provoking because it’s kinda telling HS students to read more, which is what it’s supposed to be but they don’t, and to not just read as they were told to but try to see what’s the inside and the outside of the book. Your story reminds me of my sister who has trouble learning. She always wants to go to school but my mom wanted her to go to an arabic school, because she was not good enough to speak or learn french. So she ends up taking coranic classes and now her french level is high and she can speak and write it. Thanks for your story. I look forward to seeing what you make next. I would like to see more about what you will bring next and tell me about fun stories maybe
    Thanks! For sharing this with us
    Have a great adventure!