You listen to me Karl Lindner it doesn’t matter if you don’t think we’ll feel at home as long as we all here as a family it’s done. It doesn’t matter if we living in a damn cardboard box.

I love my family dearly and I am willing to do anything for them even if it means if I have to die in order for them to move out the ghetto. This was supposed to be our chance to finally accomplish The American Dream.  Just become we’re from Clybourne doesn’t mean you have the right to judge us.

You have been insulting us since we got here. We have been kind to you ever since we step foot in here. What type of man are you trying to pay us to move somewhere else I would never take money from a person like you. 

We’ll just take our money elsewhere I can’t believe we were about to move in this place. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 “Raisin in the Sun” Mama Monologue by Diavionne is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.