In recent years, I have been seeing so many news about wildfire. Whether it’s Sichuan, Los Angeles or the recent worst Australian wildfire, this natural disasters have caused countless lives died. “A wildfire, wildland fire or rural fire is an uncontrolled fire in an area of combustible vegetation occurring in rural areas.”

According to Australian media reports. Nearly 500 million wild animals were threatened by the fire. In New South Wales, thousands of animals tragically died on the sides of the highway; countless scorched animal bodies piled up .

Many people may think: I am not in Australia, the fire will not burn me, and it will not affect me. But the truth is’ according to NASA satellite images, the smoke from Australian mountain fires across New Zealand and a Pacific Ocean. In less than a week; it spread to South America 12,000 kilometers away; cloud formations larger than the continental United States

Across Australia, nearly 18 million acres of land have been burned and released nearly 350 million tons of carbon dioxide. No one can guarantee that these will not affect the global warming and the environment. “Wandering Earth” have predicted, “In the beginning, no one cared about this disaster, it was just a wildfire, a drought, the extinction of a species, the disappearance of a city. Until this disaster related to everyone …”

CC BY-SA 4.0 WILDFIRE by Wuyou is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Mijin 5 days ago

Hello Wuyou.
    I like your post about the fire in Australia.
    I agree with your saying, we need to care about them even if we are not in Australia.
    I also heard of the air quality due to too much carbon dioxide from the fire.
    Here is the link might help you think more about the topic: Australia wildfires unleash millions of tons of carbon dioxide
    Thank you.