Should students be able to use cell phones during class periods?  A lot of teenagers and parents have this concern in the back of their minds. This is a question a lot of students and teachers also have asked themselves. The invention of cell phones started a debate for many schools.  Many schools accept the use of cell phones but experience a lot of frustration over them. There are many reasons for and against the use of cell phones in schools. People who support cell phone use in schools are usually teenagers. People who disagree with cell phone use in schools are usually teachers or parents, who think cell phones are a distraction. A lot of students see cell phones as a useful device but many see them as a distraction during class.

People in many schools regularly sneak around on their cell phones, trying to hide them from teachers or administrators. Cell phones were originally against school rules. Honestly, it makes a lot of sense for students not to be able to use their cell phones during school hours. Cell phones should be banned in schools because they distract students, allow cheating in Schools, and they can be dangerous. Cell phones distract students in school. Whenever people text in class it gets other people’s attention, which makes it hard for students to learn. Also if it goes off in class it can cause the teacher to stop teaching and have everyone’s attention on that cell phone 

I honestly see both viewpoints of the controversy of phones in this particular circumstance. In my opinion, since I’m a teenager, I will have to agree with the students on this and say cellphones should not be banned from schools. There and many students who can be on their cellphone and listen to what is going on in class around them and be okay. And for those who can’t do this so well, they will just have to not use their cell phones and be responsible.

Quote:

“As a student, I understand that cell phones are distracting while a teacher is trying to help the students but at the same time, I believe they become even more distracting to the class as a whole when teachers make a huge deal out of trying to take a phone away or punish a student for having a phone out.”

“One of the many negative effects that constant cellphone use causes is an increase in risk of illness. Believe it or not, your phone is one of the most germ-infested objects that you may come in contact with throughout the course of a day.”

https://www.bartleby.com/essay/Cell-Phone-Use-in-Schools-Should-Not-FKCTA4PZVJ

CC BY-SA 4.0 Are Cellphones Effective During School? by Adryan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.