Though the research I’ve done has been fairly limited, I found several articles that point to a problem in financial education in America. The United States is low in global mobility, or the ability for people to move from low to high income. Children born in the past few decades are much less likely to receive a better education or move up the rungs of the economic ladder than previously. This can be seen in this article and these stats from the World Bank. Both of these point to a common trend: a lack of financial education in America. For economic change to occur and equal opportunities to open up, people need to know what they can do to open doors for themselves and the next generation. For the wage gap to narrow and opportunities to arrive, a viable economic education must be made available.