Teen Vaping is an epidemic that recently has picked up some steam around the country in recent years.  Parents have been discovering kids with their vapes, finding that their own kids are hopelessly addicted to nicotine.  The company known as Juul is one of the leading vaping companies that many kids buy from. Several parents had sued Juul for enabling their kids and creating their nicotine addictions.  Many other vaping companies are responsible for the vaping epidemic, causing kids who desperately addicted do whatever it takes to get “just one hit”. Though this is a very large issue in the country, many steps have been taken to fix it.  Several flavors have been restricted and the age limit has been raised from 18-19 to 21. This is great, but it still won’t stop kids from asking adults to buy for them or to find off brand flavors. The key to stopping teen vaping is making it harder to get (How to stop teen vaping? Make e-cigarettes harder to get).I suggest taking this a step further by requiring vape companies to sell from their own product in their own store.  Juul has already done this, having their own shops to sell their flavors and devices. Taking nicotine devices into a more professional setting could prevent teen vaping even more.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Teen Vaping 🌬 by Simon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Lev 2 months ago

Dear Simon:

I am excited about your post, “Teen Vaping” because it is a serious issue that affects many people. I think it will also grow in scope as time progresses.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Teen Vaping is an epidemic that recently has picked up some steam around the country in recent years.” I think this is accurate because it’s imposible to enter the poo facility without being confronted by a cloud of vapor, often of the cannabinoid variety.

Another sentence that I was pleasured by was: “Several flavors have been restricted and the age limit has been raised from 18-19 to 21” This stood out for me because a similar ban is going into place in my state, so I felt tickled that you would make your post relevant to me!

I agree with you wholeheartedly that vapers and Juul-fiends should be reprimanded and pathways for their toxic habit betaken away. This cannot go on!

Have you seen this article? https://kushfly.com/product-category/concentrates/cartridges/ I thought you might be interested in this because of the disturbing easy access to THC and nicotine based products.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your grammar seems to be greatly improving and your sentences got clearer towards the end.

2. Tomas 2 months ago

Simon, I completely agree with you. Teen vaping has become such a large issue in our country. Here is a link to a NY Times page where they calculate the number of deaths and injuries from vaping, I think the numbers will surprise you: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/vaping-illness-tracker-evali.html. It is crazy to see that even with so much harm, people are so willing to go out of their way to get these devices. The addiction is crazy. Here is another link expressing how we can go about this issue: https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-lifestyle/quit-smoking-tobacco/how-to-keep-kids-and-teens-from-smoking-and-vaping. Thank you for your post, it is good to see that someone recognizes this issue. Let me know if you find anything interesting in those links.

3. Kaya 2 months ago

Good morning Simon. I think you have some really clear points laid out. I believe that the amount of teens that vape is very out of hand. They can easily get addicted to nicotine and then they can not stop. This can cause harm to brain development and can be a gateway to using other tobacco substances and alcohol. I have found a great source that can help you if you would like to further your studies on this. https://e-cigarettes.surgeongeneral.gov/knowtherisks.html This source shows the risks of vaping and the affects it has in the long run.

4. Jaime 2 months ago

I agree with what you are saying. I agree that it is really easy for young people to get vape pens.

Please reconsider this resource

https://newsinhealth.nih.gov/2019/02/vaping-rises-among-teens

5. Eric 2 months ago

I agree with what is stated. It is too easy for underage individuals to obtain concealable vaping devices, making it very easy to make our generation addicted.