When I walk to school, sometimes I can get to school faster when I walk, but schools prefer for us to take the bus to get to school earlier.  I eat breakfast sometimes it might take me a little longer to get to school, but it’s better to eat something in the morning because it’s good for our health, so if we get to school late it wouldn’t hurt anybody because it’s, in the end, it’s benefiting me.

School by cogdogblog on 2012-05-24 18:46:48

CC BY-SA 4.0 Who benefits from lateness? by Alis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Elliot 2 days ago

Hey Alis,
    I think the problem you bring up is one of sleep and nutrition in teens as more of a broad subject. For example, I think if school even started 30-45 minutes later students would be able to eat better and get more sleep. However, I think being late does affect other people not just yourself. Teachers are trying to teach a curriculum and its difficult for them to do this with distractions and people walking in whenever they get to school.

2. Tomas 1 week ago

I think this is a very interesting point. I think that it is very hard because schools start so early. You have been placed into a really tough situation where do you sacrifice your learning for nutrition? I’m not sure if I know the correct answer to that question, but I have researched the idea of schools starting later. IF they started later, you could eat a good hardy breakfast, get enough sleep, and be ready for the day. Most schools start before 8:30, mine starts at 8:00, and it gets hard to wake up in the morning and keep yourself going through the day. Here is a link with points on why there should be a later start to schooling: https://www.cdc.gov/features/school-start-times/index.html. Thank you for your opinion, I am looking forward to your response if one, but I hope that the rest of the school year goes well for you.