A place For Everyone    According to Huckmag K-Dub did hard work to build from the ground up skatepark in Oakland after there were only just a few and also a way to bring the community together. (https://www.huckmag.com/outdoor/skate/meet-k-dub-hard-hustling-visionary-behind-oaklands-diy-skate-park-town-park/). Based on the Research it is clear that K-Dub is changing Oakland Skate culture for the better, but the city still needs to do more to help out people.

Firstly, K-Dub is helping skate culture by building parks and bringing awareness. However, There is still a lot that needs to be done because some people like to block skaters.

In many public places in Oakland and the Bay Area, people screw metal rods in cement blocks where people sit on to prevent them from riding on top of them, but Oakland doesn’t do much or spend money on skateparks. That’s why people  skate around the city because they don’t have anywhere else to skate around, people see skateboarders all around the city there are almost no skateparks in Oakland. The city has nice places so people go there but also ban skateboarding so people don’t do it which is dumb because its a public area and people take items like backpacks purses and bicycles there so why would they not let people use skateboards there.

The plan for K-Dub all along was to make a place for everyone to bring a community together and anyone is welcome there, people have gone there also to do art because they get permission to do graffiti around the place so people don’t just go to the Town park to skate there are other reasons to go there some people go there to just hang out with friends so there is always new people there because of the area being so popular it could get Oakland to help by building more skateparks around the city for people as they see that it can give a positive effect it can be a thing where people go there to be comfortable also by restricting less the use of skateboards around the city because there will be more people at actual skateparks than the city causing less people to possibly trespass into a place just to do something with a skateboard. Skateparks are not just for skateboarders people who use scooters also go there because there are a lot of cool  you can do with a scooter.

In conclusion, Oakland can do a lot more to help out people a lot because they can always come out with positive outcomes like K-Dub did and also restrict less how much skateboarding gets used out in the city.

Annotated bibliography 

Perez Manuel and Jesus Ramirez “ Town Skatepark.” Dec 19

In this interview with Jesus he talked about how there are almost no skateparks and how it got to the point to where a man had to build one himself for other people to go there and Oakland needs to do more to help the community out. He mentions that he has been skating for a long time and has never had a good place to practice so like K-Dub building more skateparks would help a lot

Perez Manuel and Roberto Reyes “Oakland Help.” Dec 19

In this interview with Roberto he talked about how Oakland should do a lot more to help us out because if they want to bring the community together they should help everyone and over the years they haven’t done much. Roberto states he grew up skating and also never really went to skateparks because there were none.

Perez Manuel and Roberto Lozano “Skateblockers.” Dec 20

In this interview with Roberto he talked about how skateblockers shouldn’t be a thing because skateboards can go anywhere so the city should remove them from everywhere especially in the city because that is where a lot of skaters go

CC BY-SA 4.0 Skateboarding in the bay area by Manuel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Amilia 1 week ago

Dear Manny, I think your post was really great because you explain a lot how there are no skate parks in Oakland. A line that stood out to me was “The city has nice places so people go there but also ban skateboarding so people don’t do it which is dumb because its a public area and people take items like backpacks purses and bicycles there so why would they not let people use skateboards there”. This line stood out to me because you really have and argument because you think it’s dumb that people ban skateboards on areas even if they are public areas. I agree with your point about how there are rarely any skateparks in Oakland because I drive with my family a lot around Oakland and never see any skateparks. I think that there should really be skateparks for children to go to so they don’t have to skate where people wouldn’t like them to skate. Thanks for writing and keep it up you are really doing a great job.

Manuel 2 days ago

thank you for reading my article an like how you connected it to your personal life too

2. Durran your dad 1 week ago

Dear manuel. ithink that your post was pretty decent. A line that stood out to me is” In many public places in Oakland and the Bay Area, people screw metal rods in cement blocks where people sit on to prevent them from riding on top of them, but Oakland doesn’t do much or spend money on skateparks. That’s why people skate around the city because they don’t have anywhere else to skate around” because you had made a good point an that point actually makes sense. I agree with u because your a skater and you feel strongly about this.keep it up.

Manuel 2 days ago

Thanks alot for reading my blog I like how you took a direct quote to prove what you were saying and made it stronger

3. Sam 2 weeks ago

I completely agree. The stereotypes and generalizations of skateboarders being criminals, drug users, and dangerous people is an unfair and inaccurate assessment of reality. Skateboarding is an art to those who practice it and can lead to entire careers and professions. The idea to implement more areas for skaters to go is great and something that should already be implemented in areas like this.

4. Abraham 2 weeks ago

I agree, the skating community has been placed down by many because the public believes that skating is a breeding ground for crime. Though in reality skating is a positive activity that push kids to go outside. I believe illicit behavior occurs when the youth has nothing to do or nowhere to go. Skateparks give the youth a safe location to perform and socialize with others in their community.

5. Alexander 2 weeks ago

Manuel,
    The idea of building areas in which skaters can go in Oakland is a great idea. It is not an uncommon thing to ban skateboarders around city areas. People tend to associate skateboards with disrespectful kids who vandalize everything. Even though this stereotype isn’t always true, it is one that is very real. That is why I think the idea of building areas where skateboarders are allowed to go is a great idea and one that should be put into action soon. The building of skateparks would be a service to skaters as well as one to the city as they won’t have to worry about the potential problems of skateboarders. I am interested in hearing more about what you have to say on the topic.

Additionally, here is an article about some of the benefits of skateparks.
    https://www.spohnranch.com/the-top-6-benefits-of-public-skateparks-2014-03-02/

-Alexander Nuntapreda